Sign in to follow this  
staggerhome

4th time lucky

Hi all.

I decided to have another go at the pigeons again on my permission yesterday and took a freind with me as he let me join him on his permission when i didnt have any shooting.

Anyway we arrived at around 9ish and set up on some rape stubble as i saw a few pigeons on there yesterday but after an hour or so we only had one bird so we decided to move as we saw a few birds in another part of the field.We set up again and waited and waited but nothing so decided on moving again to another field next to a small wood hoping to shoot the birds as they heading for the wood still nothing.

But we had been watching a few pigeons gathering in a large tree coming from some rape stubble underneath it so decided on moving again for the 4th time but it was the right decision as we were set up the hide an a few minutes later pigeons were slowly coming to the decoys and we managed to bag around 20 birds by

3oclock which we were both more than happy with. so i am now going to attempt to make a pigeon pie for tea with the few birds i have left. Cheers Rob :yes: :yes:

20120826_153934.jpg