clay shooting lesson today = selling my new gun!

Leicpigeon1990

This thread has had many twists and turns, a lot of it very interesting and thought provoking. It started with a comment from" leicpigeon 1990" reference some bad advice given to him after a shooting lesson with a Coach by the Coach. No one knows what qualifications the Coach had if any at all.

Then along the way a comment was made reference BASC Coaches which I defended, this rolled into the CPSA and then Apsi and other Coaching organisations.

We seem to be nit picking, and as is often the way on Pigeon Watch we start to get a bit personnal and then get right off the subject.

I made a comment on BASC Coaching lines using the phrase "have a go stands" which was incorrect, as BASC offer a lot more than just a few shots, eye dominance, gunfit and much more comes into play, but for many it is their first experiance at shooting, and hopefully we encourage the shooter to want to do more and this is very often the case, now we feel the need to" have a go" at this statement.

I know none of this is personnal to myself, any organisation or others that have commented, and for a while I and others thought the thread had run it's course and was quietly falling off the page but we seem to have come back, but with out any reference to the original thread.

This is my last comment on this thread and I hope it will be end of the thread. Time I think for the mods to knock it on the head.

Edited by bakerboy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a BASC Coaching line, where coaching lessons are delivered - slightley different to the standard 'pay and play' or 'have a go'

It's for beginners. Usually about 15 minutes long and with a handful of clays - that's a have-a-go stand. You can't coach somebody in such a short space of time and with so few shots.

"A five pronged implement for manual digging is a fork, whatever the manufacturer chooses to call it..."

It's for beginners. Usually about 15 minutes long and with a handful of clays - that's a have-a-go stand. You can't coach somebody in such a short space of time and with so few shots.

"A five pronged implement for manual digging is a fork, whatever the manufacturer chooses to call it..."

Its a 15-30 minute coaching lesson, not just desinged for begginers. What the coaches deliver at the gamefairs is a Coaching Lesson, not a 'have a go'. If you want to have a more in depth session, say an hours coaching, then go to your local clay ground or your local Coach.

What is your point?

I can say without the slightest hesitation that BASC does not do 'Have a go' stands. BASC qualified coaches may be involved in 'such lines' in their own private capacity, but not for BASC.

My point was a bit of a joke relating to a previous 'snap caps' thread mainly between me and timps, I'm really not sure why you quoted me when I've not even mentioned 'have a go' stands in any of my posts. what my comment has got to do with you I don't know.

Previously basc coach's took a bit of a kicking and in this thread some people are explaining their training so my first comment about me being vindicated was just a tongue and cheek reply. Apparently some missed the point and wanted to carry it on but I'm really not that interested,

My own opinion is the 3 different coach's I used were brilliant and improved my shooting considerably, I would happily recommend them

Thats a BASC Coaching line, where coaching lessons are delivered - slightley different to the standard 'pay and play' or 'have a go'

Its a 15-30 minute coaching lesson, not just desinged for begginers. What the coaches deliver at the gamefairs is a Coaching Lesson, not a 'have a go'. If you want to have a more in depth session, say an hours coaching, then go to your local clay ground or your local Coach.

You should have quit while you were ahead..............

My point was a bit of a joke relating to a previous 'snap caps' thread mainly between me and timps, I'm really not sure why you quoted me when I've not even mentioned 'have a go' stands in any of my posts. what my comment has got to do with you I don't know.

Previously basc coach's took a bit of a kicking and in this thread some people are explaining their training so my first comment about me being vindicated was just a tongue and cheek reply. Apparently some missed the point and wanted to carry it on but I'm really not that interested,

My own opinion is the 3 different coach's I used were brilliant and improved my shooting considerably, I would happily recommend them

To be fair I think everyone missed your point as it had no relevance to this thread and people were not sure if it was tongue in cheek, I did reply tongue in cheek to the first posts though, then with your later replies thought maybe it was not a joke after all.

But just to clarify BASC coaches didn't get a kicking in that thread, you decided to argue with about 5 shooters that had represent England based on the view of one BASC coach when you yourself had not been shooting 5 minutes.

When I pointed out that the BASC coach might not know more than shooters who have represented their country you christened us Team Vaseline, the obvious retort to this was to christen you Team BASC coach, this was the only reason BASC Coaches were ever brought in to it and it was always in response to your team Vaseline posts .

I never said he could not coach, just that I and other shooters did not share his view on snap caps and the fact he was a BASC coach did not make him automatically right on this subject .

I am glad you are happy with the coaching you have received, I will never argue with you on that, only you can decide if the coaching was worth it and obviously you have decided it was a benefit so he has done his job even if I don't agree with him on snap caps .

Anyway as you say you are not interested we can leave it there, but I am thankful you decided to show your lack of interest by posting about an old thread on this thread as it was nice to chat again.

Go Team Vaseline :thumbs:

:good:

Edited by timps

HaHa!!

Just read right through this thread and found it highly entertaining. As a novice shooter I found most of the technical points and shooting jargon were a complete mystery to me. I now have my first gun which to be honest I have no idea if it fits me or not, I bought it online without trying it and I'm doing really well with it and enjoying every minute using it. The only advice I sought and have been given was from a friend of mine with 20 years of arms instructing experience in the Army, when I asked about gun fit his reply was "fit the man to the gun."

HaHa!!

Just read right through this thread and found it highly entertaining. As a novice shooter I found most of the technical points and shooting jargon were a complete mystery to me. I now have my first gun which to be honest I have no idea if it fits me or not, I bought it online without trying it and I'm doing really well with it and enjoying every minute using it. The only advice I sought and have been given was from a friend of mine with 20 years of arms instructing experience in the Army, when I asked about gun fit his reply was "fit the man to the gun."

Oh Dear, from Auntie. Edited by 100milesaway

or what denomination the pound is split into ! do the italians still use a 1 lira or have they changed there gun fit to euros :hmm:

I think you have the incorrect currency - dont you have to balance six pound coins on the rib and make sure the beads are in alignment (or is that the moon ??) Surely if you use notes they'll just blow away when you swing the gun? :innocent::lol: