Pigeon, no recipe as such...

ziplex

I've been looking at some of the recipes on here and can't find any mention of the simplest.

I was given some fresh breasts for the first time last year. All I done with them was remove them from the bone, butterfly each one and fryed in very hot bacon fat, place on a plate next to a freshly buttered piece of poppyseed toast which is topped with a duck egg....plenty of ground black pepper and salt. Best breakfast i've had in years!. Even nicer with a Wellsomer egg ;)

Also, if this is considered a no no then please let me know, but I put the breast carcass's in the oven for the dogs, after 30 mins or so remove and allow to cool, they eat 'em like crisps and will happily turn somersaults and cartwheels to get to them!

I've been looking at some of the recipes on here and can't find any mention of the simplest.

I was given some fresh breasts for the first time last year. All I done with them was remove them from the bone, butterfly each one and fryed in very hot bacon fat, place on a plate next to a freshly buttered piece of poppyseed toast which is topped with a duck egg....plenty of ground black pepper and salt. Best breakfast i've had in years!. Even nicer with a Wellsomer egg ;)

Also, if this is considered a no no then please let me know, but I put the breast carcass's in the oven for the dogs, after 30 mins or so remove and allow to cool, they eat 'em like crisps and will happily turn somersaults and cartwheels to get to them!

Add some crushed garlic to the fat next time.

Not sure about the cooked bit for the dogs though, best keep an eye on them while they woof them down :)

LB

Will do LB, I've used plenty of garlic when making a pigeon pie, does go well with it I must admit, but first thing in the morning........?, maybe try that one at teatime perhaps. ;)

Incidentally, the breast bones are so crispy the dogs just crunch 'em, no problem with choking as they've had loads with no ill effect, I was wondering if it was generally considered not good, ie: digestion etc?, still they seem to of been ok so far!

Will do LB, I've used plenty of garlic when making a pigeon pie, does go well with it I must admit, but first thing in the morning........?, maybe try that one at teatime perhaps. :)

Incidentally, the breast bones are so crispy the dogs just crunch 'em, no problem with choking as they've had loads with no ill effect, I was wondering if it was generally considered not good, ie: digestion etc?, still they seem to of been ok so far!

I chew garlic but thats just me :lol:

If they enjoy them without choking Ziplex there shouldn't be any problem. I feed my four with raw bones from the butcher but always keep an eye on them after some previous incidents. If I have too many woodies(not very often) I fry them up for the dogs in the morning but it does makes a mess though as the dogs sit behind me dribbling all over the floor ;)

I spoil them but I like them better than my kids :o

LB

Know what you mean LB, certain things make 'em dribble.......pigeon meat and liver has to be the worst for inducing the dreaded slime, but hey, they are worth it without a shadow of doubt. I love my two daughters but now they're grown up I don't see as much of them as I used to. My eldest Springer is 11 yrs old......and she doesn't leave my side,.................must be a 'saying' in there somewhere? ;)

Duncan.

Know what you mean LB, certain things make 'em dribble.......pigeon meat and liver has to be the worst for inducing the dreaded slime, but hey, they are worth it without a shadow of doubt. I love my two daughters but now they're grown up I don't see as much of them as I used to. My eldest Springer is 11 yrs old......and she doesn't leave my side,.................must be a 'saying' in there somewhere? ;)

Duncan.

With you there Duncan.

LB