New Series 3 V8 toy :D

Dr_evil

So after spotting a nice little V8 Series 3 for sale on ebay I popped down to the home of the devil (Accrington) to view the little blighter.

Upon being met by the seller because we got lost I was directed to the garage where Gerald (yes Phoebe has named it already) was being stored. He's in a good state chassis and bulkhead wise but the bodywork is a little ****ty.

So £475 down the ****ter plus another £100 for delivery up to the lakes I've got another ******* Series 3 V8 but on the plus side this one doesn't have any HG problems……….YET! :P

Rust wise its had a replacement rear X-Member at some point in its life, a V8 transplant, a ****load of checker plate which will all be coming off (I looked behind the rear X-Member one and its solid behind, the footwells are perfect, the bulkhead is too and the engines nice as well, pity it was mutilated by the previous owner before the seller but never mind I'll fix the little blighter up :)

It used to have a roll cage on it at some point and it comes with a winch bumper and HD A-Bar on the front as well as wiring set up for the winch left in place it also has free wheeling hubs, very nice ones, a Mountney wheel and the tyres are good too plus it has a side exit cherry bomb exhaust :D :D :D :D

And a new battery :)

No video for now but I'll get one when it arrives :D it has all the bits n bobs to put it back together all it needs now is a new flasher relay as the guy dismantled it to repaint but broke his wrist mid project. Not much to do on it other than that and a little TLC on the inside

Anyway without further ado here's the little ****let thats bankrupt me!

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

Nice bit of kit that, was it road worthy and running when you bought it ?

Any chance of some pictures of the whole vehicle ?

Got the ones in the ebay listing http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=190718422288&nma=true&rt=nc&si=Lwo2njIHgbCEpSP80%252Fc43VKbaUY%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_683wt_1348

Will get some proper pics on monday when I go to collect it :D and maybe even a video of it running if I can get some petrol and earth out the fuel pump properly