Choice of 525 or 725

onefulham

I am busy saving my pennies for a new OU and plan to give my son my Lanber, I have been talking about this for ages but every time my kitty comes close something seems to occur that swallows all my hard earned. Back up to nearly enough for a new Browning 525 I like and fits well, in the shop of the shooting ground I went today there is a second hand as new 150 shells through it Browning 725 game gun for only £150 more than the new Browning, what would you chose ? I know by the time I make my mind up the 725 will be gone, especially as my wife has expensive plans for the garden.

I was not sure about the looks of the sporting 725 but they do look much better in real life than they show in pictures I think , but I do think the Game 725 looks very nice, I don't shoot game, not good enough and no one to go with, but I think for the non competitive clays I shoot the 725 game would be fine, I think ?

id go for the 525, i personally think the 725 is awful looking,much prefer the 525 in looks

Its got nothing what so ever to do with looks, its how the gun fits the individual that matters.

Have a look at both and shoot both if you can then decide. I have used a mates 725 sporter and tbh i found it to be a lovely gun. There again a 525 is a nice gun as well.

The slimmer action of the 725 certainly seems to complement its fine handling. All round i think its a fine gun :good:

ATB,

Pat

I was thinking of starting a new thread but really this is still part of this one. As I said earlier I have seen a lovelly Browning Field 725 :drool: for a really good price, 150 shells through it and only £150 more than a new 525, and I am trying to convince myself to push myself and go for it, two problems, I have not really got the money (never stopped me before though :shifty: ) plus it is a field version and I do not really go game shooting, I am relatively new to shooting and we go clay missing, and aim at about 50 to max 100 a visit, I am never going to shoot for England or really competitivly , would having a field gun version make that much difference to say a dedicated 525 Sporter to me ? ???

I know by the time I make a decision it will be gone and I will have to start thinking all over again ! :hmm::sad1:

I own both, but I find myself getting the 725 (Hunter) out of the cupboard more often than anything else. If I had to make the choice the 725 is what I'd go for but if the 525 fitted better you'd be daft to choose the other...... immaterial really cos as you say the 725 is already gone

The new "classic" 525 sporter comes with the same engraving as the previous grade 3 and looks nice-just bought one and love it to bits-bought a Silver Pig first but sent it back as the quality is nowhere near the Browning i.e. I expect the safety catch to work on a new gun.

I totally agree , this is a beauty , fine choice imo