The Wildfowling season 2012 - 2013

Wildfowler

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted this in 'Sporting Videos' but thought i'd share with you guys too.

My first crack at recording my shooting, using my wifes old phone strapped to the barrel and my cannon bridge camera. Some new equipment on the way soon i think!

Love your video looked a good morning, love the mud hehe. Good shooting a good morning and video, ware were you shooting mate?

Great!. Just bought my dog a jacket like that!!.

They are great! I only use it when it's -2 or lower otherwise they get too hot but really good especially for lots of water work...

My old lab came out with me the other day and worked really hard and has been laid up suffering with her arthritis since... Hopefully the jacket will help keep the chill of my younger lab so she doesn't end up suffering the same in her old age!

Edited by Wildfowler

They are great! I only use it when it's -2 or lower otherwise they get too hot but really good especially for lots of water work...

My old lab came out with me the other day and worked really hard and has been laid up suffering with her arthritis since... Hopefully the jacket will help keep the chill of my younger lab so she doesn't end up suffering the same in her old age!

Exactly the same reason I bought my young pup one mate..... I wasn`t sure at first but the more I see him in it the more I like it!!

Exactly the same reason I bought my young pup one mate..... I wasn`t sure at first but the more I see him in it the more I like it!!

Yeah, i was the same but got one for my old lab about 3 years ago and they definitely help! if you get a bird drop in the water early on in the flight the poor dog has to sit there soaking wet for another couple of hours which isn't fair. I certainly wouldn't want to anyway! :)

Yeah, i was the same but got one for my old lab about 3 years ago and they definitely help! if you get a bird drop in the water early on in the flight the poor dog has to sit there soaking wet for another couple of hours which isn't fair. I certainly wouldn't want to anyway! :)

Quite! Willow hasn't christened hers yet due to me being laid up the last 6 weeks. Maybe i'll get out in Feb and under something fingers crossed! :)

Here are some pictures of three of my favourite goose flights this season.

The first picture is from a morning flight over a wheat stubble. The greylag weren't feeding on the field, but i took them flying over. I also had a bonus mallard in the half light. This was my first proper flight with my newly acquired Browning Gold 10 s/a. I used home loaded BB or T 1 1/2 oz.

The second picture is from an evening flight. The geese were feeding on the barley stubble. I ambushed them coming over the trees using my xtrema and homeloaded 1 1/2 oz BB.

The last picture is from a morning flight on the marsh around mid November. It was my best tally of the season on the pinks. I was using the 10 again. This time i used some 1 3/4 oz Hevi and 1 1/2 oz BB & T duplex loads through my new Wadwizard Stud10 choke. I should have had more than 3, really.

The most surprising thing about the morning was, despite the 3000+ geese coming off the roost, i had the whole marsh to myself - quite rare in that circumstance.

post-2090-0-29794200-1358874994_thumb.jpg

Edited by motty

This has got to be one of the best Topics PW has had on its site.

Well done the fowlers and the photographers.

It's been great too see such a good response from both contributors and readers!

It's also really nice to exchange with such an active fowling community all with a similar outlook on the sport and to see the pics and read about other people's experiences!

I'm one of the lucky ones that can shoot below mean HT line so have just under a month left! :)

I'm one of the lucky ones that can shoot below mean HT line so have just under a month left! :)

...and let us thank the Lord for that! I too shoot tidal and since the cold snap set in, things have perked up considerably with the Teal putting in an appearance in numbers. I've managed to almost double my tally for the season in the last two flights. Not taken any pics of the 'bag' as it's been dark! You'll have to make do with one of the dog watching about 700 Brent coming off the stubbles and back onto the harbour!

Chichester-20130120-00106_zpsaa3ad571.jpg