Bergara Stag Folding Shooting Seat £75

Teal

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought one a couple of weeks ago,used it a few times now and still pleased with it.

When moving the legs extending or retracting I found it a problem at first because I was trying to push the button in then pulling or pushing the legs in or out.

The trick (well its in the instructions)is to twist the leg to depress the locking pin before moving the leg...easy now,hahaha.

Good bit of kitand well worth the money.

hi all again mine great bit fiddly getting put up, and when you have to move to new area,but made it easy now

put blackmarker nos on legs to corrispond with seat?? no more fiddling round,and when on the move i have added

a strap on to back loops with 2 dog fasteners bit off old seat belt,fold back down rest off you go so easy,

:hmm: :hmm: :good: bi flapper123

How far does the back recline i.e. can you lean right back and will it take the pressure?

hi double truble its the flapper123 the seat back rest will seport lower back its 90

degrese to base.a company in scotland the one with the aussie bird on???? has it in its brochure

out now hope this is a bit help :hmm:

He means BushWear- they're selling it for £89.99, you can get on Pigeon Watch for £67 (both plus p&p), so more than £20 cheaper! :good: We've got them in stock and orders are dispatched same day. See first post in this topic to place order: http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/220178-begara-folding-shooting-seat/#entry1892113

I have bought one and am hugely impressed. :good:

The most important thing is read the instructions, I know its not what us blokes do, but it does make life easier (like knowing how to extend the legs easily).

The back support makes long periods seated very comfortable and despite having a large rear, I found the seat size and padding more than adequate.

The revolving seat action is the best I have experienced (as good as a swivel office chair).

A wide height adjustment range means you can be as low as a stool, or high enough to almost use the chair as a leaning post.

I was a bit unsure how stable and strong a "plastic" seat would be, but these appear very durable and are very stable when set up in the field.

The carrying bag is a great advantage also.

An all round good bit of kit.

I`ve used the seat half a dozen times and find it first class and robust.I had a bit of trouble at first with the leg studs like most people but I found that a drop of oil on each stud makes it so easy to assemble/adjust that I can now adjust it one handed.It almost falls together with no effort at all.Excellent piece of kit.

I havent seen your swivel bucket to compare the two but my opinion the three main reasons this chair is so popular are that it is 1) foldable 2) you can adjust each leg independently in height. 3) back support. Your chair may already do this, I don't know.

Glad you are happy with the gamebag! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tried one of these out yesterday out in the field. Ground was uneven, so legs adjusted accordingly, the seat felt very stable and sure footed! The back rest was a god send after sitting on a backless seat all day.

If I could fault it in any way it would be the cushion is not thick enough, but that's a small price to pay on a great product, and nothing a bit of sponge thrown in the kit bag wouldn't fix nicely.

Worth the money in my opinion!!

• 1 month later...