Led Lenser M7 for lamping

Whitebridges

I've been using Led Lenser headlamps and torches for fishing for a while and now have a M7 strapped to the sight of my .22LR Anshutz for lamping. The kit comes with bracket to mount the torch on to the scope,an on/off switch which I velcro tape to the side of the gun and yellow, red and blue filters. Works a treat, light and easy to set up and take down. Light with a red filter is not too bright. I shot these two last night at 74 and 81 paces using Eley subs.

Anyone else using torches this way? They seem pretty perfect for the job to me. Cheers.

Bunny_nights.jpg

Not at all mate:

Mount £9.50

Filters £9.50

On/Off switch/battery holder £9.50

Total £28.50

I should think this sort of rig would be ideal on an air rifle set up.

Not sure whether this is about right or not to be honest, just got the bits from a mate who works in the trade who did me very good deals on my other Led Lenser stuff.

BTW the LChimpo is struggling a bit on the bream in Ireland! He should have stayed at home on The Broads!

Edited by Whitebridges

Hello Terry, I read with interest your post on a golf course permission, i wish you well with it.

No unfortunately not, you would need to acquire torches as a separate item, although some firms do bundle everything together. As an example: http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/professional-torches.html

Led Lenser head lamps are superb, i've got copious bits of their kit and nothing has ever fallen apart or failed on me.

Unfortunately I can't do the next Norfolk flush but I hope you have another great day out.

Best Regards.

Not at all mate:

Mount £9.50

Filters £9.50

On/Off switch/battery holder £9.50

Total £28.50

I should think this sort of rig would be ideal on an air rifle set up.

Not sure whether this is about right or not to be honest, just got the bits from a mate who works in the trade who did me very good deals on my other Led Lenser stuff.

BTW the LChimpo is struggling a bit on the bream in Ireland! He should have stayed at home on The Broads!

Thanks , shame things are not going too well for chimp but at least it gives us a break :lol: , I had better text him and take the ****.

You are a sweet man Terence :wub::blush: , one day i'll be able to get there again. Darn good gig Hitclays put's on there.

To be honest I can't fault the rig i'm using. It's for walkabout Terry. Light and easy to set up and take off. I've had experiences and opinions from others that say using a clamp system can knock the zero on and off. If you use anything other than really good mounts properly secured I don't doubt this as an issue. I've used this set up half a dozen times and checked zero on and off and the gun keeps shooting to point of aim. There may be better choices of lamps in general, if you plan to do stuff off a truck or golf buggy etc. and go with a "lamp man" then there is a good chance you may need a job of different specification. By all means drop me a line by PM if you like or others on here may well help.

Edited by Whitebridges

Terry, this might be a bit pricy but I have used one for a couple of years now - ideal for rimfire & standard range centrefire :good: There were reports of them not working when cold but I have had it in my game bag on the foreshore at mega minus degrees :blink: ;)

http://clulite.cluson.co.uk/led-gun-lights/347-masterlite-supreme-gunlite.html

Terry, this might be a bit pricy but I have used one for a couple of years now - ideal for rimfire & standard range centrefire :good: There were reports of them not working when cold but I have had it in my game bag on the foreshore at mega minus degrees :blink: ;)

http://clulite.cluso...me-gunlite.html

Hi Tam thanks for the info, it is a bit pricey for what i want to do especially as I have to convince myself I really want to do it, plus everything i am trying to squeeze in. I don't know how I found the time to go work.

Cheers

Terry

ps

i have just purchased a STEED SE. very pleasedso far.

Thanks for the information. I really need to make my mind up what light to get, perhaps you could make a suggestion for me.

I am beginning to miss you at the Flushes, lets hope we can mee tup again soon.

In the meantime keep well.

Terry

I heard it said you missed most things at the last Norfolk Flush :unsure: :lol:

Edited by TaxiDriver

I bought the Led Lenser P3 the other day and its truley amazing for its size, weight and price, just shy of £15 with p&p and it has now convinced me to get the P7 :D I cant stop flicking it on and off and playing with the focus. This little P3 is 14 lumens and will give an eye shine beyond 50 meters, cant wait for the P7 (which is 200 lumens!) And i will certianly be buying another P3, handy to have a few good (in this case, amazing) torches about.