FAC APPLICATION

BRAD1927

Hi all

I put my FAC application in last week and received a call from the FEO who is now visiting me at the end of the month, shocked at the speed is not the word!!!!

Any tips for the interview apart from the obvious coffee, biscuits and honesty?

All thoughts greatly appreciated.

I have applied for the following

.17HMR + MOD

.22LR +MOD

.22 FAC AIR + MOD

.223CF + MOD

All for pest/vermin control

Just relax, answer a few questions about what you want the guns for, and confirm that you aren't a psycho with mental health problems, that kind of thing.

Your cabinet will be checked, and you'll be talked through gun safety, the licencing/paperwork stuff etc, most of the time is just spent listening. They aren't out to trip you up or catch you out in any way, most FEO's are quite helpful.

dont be supprised if you dont get all you have asked for at once.

i was knocked for fac air as i dint give a good enough reason. "and the 22 lr would do all i wanted"

it seems if you have already been with a fac holder a few times that can vouch that you know the ropes you may escape the mentoring condition, as you have a few weeks it may be worth getting out with someone, rather than having it stuck over you when your ticket arrives.

it also shows your intrested enough to go out of your way to learn and they seem to like this.

i was asked a few basic questions about what i had asked for so it may be worth doing a bit of reserch.

i my self just do a little check round the house make sure there are no obvious security risks. pop the kettle on get the bickkys out n chill ;)

best of luck.

karl.

You're in wilts like me, got my FAC in under 4 weeks :)

Hi SnowblindWhat did you put in for?I have 2 area's in excess off 2500 acres so all should be ok plus a military background in weapons.Hopefully FAC will be ok as I can only use that in the wire.What questions did they ask you?

Hi SnowblindWhat did you put in for?I have 2 area's in excess off 2500 acres so all should be ok plus a military background in weapons.Hopefully FAC will be ok as I can only use that in the wire.What questions did they ask you?

The military background was taken into consideration after I supplied my discharge papers and write-ups and such like, even with that I struggled to get .223 on first application, it would seem the licensing manager overturned the FEO and it was granted.

It just depends on what your force area is like, civilian shooting experience speak volumes.

However, if you dont ask you dont get :good:

• 4 weeks later...

Well that was a semi success. Interview plain and simple showed him my letters of authority more than happy but refused my .223 on the grounds I did not have permission to shoot larger than .22

On a more positive note if I get a letter he will add it so not a complete refusal.

Fingers crossed my cert should be with me in 2 - 3 weeks, stand by the credit card

I applied for a 17hmr and a 22lr. My interview was fairly quick he just asked about backstops nothing too hard! I wouldn't worry about the interview it was a breeze. I got slightly knocked down on ammo and got fox for the 17hmr :good:

SNAP. was asked things like what do u think makes a good backstop Eg hillside and wants not Eg stone wall, trees. Its easy