Daystate Wolverine 303 and Grey squirrels

rsrjerry

This has to be the most stupid gun ever developed! as a curiousity, it has some value thats it. Everything it does a .22 rf can do with greater versitility, less noise and way more easy to obtain ammo for (at less cost for both the gun and the ammo).

The only thing that might come of such guns in the UK is firearms dept tightening up on grant of FAC air and land inspections. Hearing the tale of the Wild boar at the Lowther show i am disgused 100ft lb is powerfull enough to be a serious hazard shooting without good backstops but pretty pathetic compared to most powder burners and totally inhumane to attempt such quarry.

.22 rf has ammo ranging from 24 ftlb for the weakest shorts 120 ish for a sub and 190 for the most powerfull HV and you dont have to fill them up every 12 shots or so

In my opinion Daystate should be ashamed of themselves and it deserves to be the total commercial flop it will be. Its what is termed a "Hero set"" in marketing terms (nobody buys one but it grabs the attention of many)

This has to be the most stupid gun ever developed! as a curiousity, it has some value thats it. Everything it does a .22 rf can do with greater versitility, less noise and way more easy to obtain ammo for (at less cost for both the gun and the ammo).

The only thing that might come of such guns in the UK is firearms dept tightening up on grant of FAC air and land inspections. Hearing the tale of the Wild boar at the Lowther show i am disgused 100ft lb is powerfull enough to be a serious hazard shooting without good backstops but pretty pathetic compared to most powder burners and totally inhumane to attempt such quarry.

.22 rf has ammo ranging from 24 ftlb for the weakest shorts 120 ish for a sub and 190 for the most powerfull HV and you dont have to fill them up every 12 shots or so

In my opinion Daystate should be ashamed of themselves and it deserves to be the total commercial flop it will be. Its what is termed a "Hero set"" in marketing terms (nobody buys one but it grabs the attention of many)

everyone has there opinion , that what makes the world go round ..I personally enjoy shooting this rifle and thats what our sport is all about IMO .I class my self as an experienced shooter and know what ,where, when,how i should shoot at or not .But as said mate I appreciate your opinion atb

Novice question

what advantages has that gun got against say .22rf?, I would have thought the rf was cheaper and quieter ( I stand to be corrected)

Is it a case of its a joy to shoot or is it a better tool for the job?

Not wanting to start a ruck, just interested

:shaun:

non really its a different gun

how many shots do you get at 100 ft/ib fella, cant be many

20 useable shots mate

It's interesting piece, but, to be honest, I really can't see the point in a 100 fpe airgun. If you need 100 fpe then you need a rimfire, not an airgun, surely ?

I compared the wolverine to a rimfire at first tbh , but then its a different thing one burns powder and the other uses air .. different rifles and depends what you want/like i suppose mate

Kent, you've missed the point again.

This rifle is a Purdey in a field of Berettas. It won't shoot any better, but it's iconic engineering.

If you can afford it, and want it, that's all the justification it needs.

I dont think you can compare such a gun to a Purdey. All it gives is considerably more ooomph, the actual engineering is no better than a lot of the better made airguns. I havent missed the point there isn't one in practical terms, as a curosity or as an enthusiasts folly perhaps. In marketing terms i understand it way better than 999 out of a 1000 though!