How far do you travel to go wildfowling?

harrycatcat1

They are also a major threat to other wildfowlers. In the future if some have their way you will have a simple choice , join a big club with all the problems that will intail such as having to book a days shooting well in advance or risk having your wildfowling priced beyond your pocket by it. Its a very good policy for a club to buy ground in its own area within reason , but when they start buying up ground in other areas of the country they will push up the rents to such an extent that nearby clubs will not be able to compete with them.

Its BASCs job to take in any spare wildfowling ground and lease it back to the local club and should not be up to a super club.

+1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are also a major threat to other wildfowlers. In the future if some have their way you will have a simple choice , join a big club with all the problems that will intail such as having to book a days shooting well in advance or risk having your wildfowling priced beyond your pocket by it. Its a very good policy for a club to buy ground in its own area within reason , but when they start buying up ground in other areas of the country they will push up the rents to such an extent that nearby clubs will not be able to compete with them.

Its BASCs job to take in any spare wildfowling ground and lease it back to the local club and should not be up to a super club.

+2

But at the end of the day it would be better a wildfowl club than a non shooting organisation, and it would be nice to think that if a large club could afford to buy "out of area" ground that they would at lest give the local clubs the opportunity to lease a share of the shooting. This may even work better than BASC controling it.

jon

I have had to reduce my working hours and because of that a 50-60 mile 'round trip now becomes one to think about.........diesel 'aint cheap but looking at how far some others have to travel it seems I have it good?! However It is frustrating talking to other members of our club that haven't been out but who live on the door step of the foreshore and with little effort can gauge bird movements. If I could move house to be closer I would! The thought of walking the dog over club ground whilst checking wildfowl movement is one of luxury!

"I have been a member of the Kent wild fowlers and have enjoyed the time as a member they are a forward thinking club who purchase shooting land for the future"

:mad: that's one way of putting it...

Yep it's just greed taking other clubs marshes is wrong it's just greed and that's how Essex roll with Jarrett at the helm nothing will stop them and with him being in politics and with his contacts in the WWT he can get as much money as he wants, why would a Essex club want to take a marsh from Norfolk? Travel 2 1/2 - 3 hours two words GREED & PINKS