Tail-less squirrel

Ant8681

Apparently, you will occasionally find one without a tail, and it is usually down to injury. I think I can see a little lump where the tail would have been once. I would maybe be writing in to Shooting Times or something and share your experience and a photo.

I was thinking inbred squirrel, but I think you're a bit far away from Norfolk :lol:

Apparently, you will occasionally find one without a tail, and it is usually down to injury. I think I can see a little lump where the tail would have been once. I would maybe be writing in to Shooting Times or something and share your experience and a photo.

I was thinking inbred squirrel, but I think you're a bit far away from Norfolk :lol:

I think that it was like it since birth as there was no scarring or any trace of a tail and it was supprisingly quick through the trees! It will be interesting to see if there are anymore about, I think I will write an email tomorrow and send a pic as you suggest. Happy hunting!

I think that it was like it since birth as there was no scarring or any trace of a tail and it was supprisingly quick through the trees! It will be interesting to see if there are anymore about, I think I will write an email tomorrow and send a pic as you suggest. Happy hunting!

Don't think it would be like it since birth. If the tail has been missing a while, then the scar would have healed and it would look as though there never was a tail there. I'm still putting my money on some sort of injury. Cases of wild squirrels losing tails through injury have been reported.

If you want shooting times, it's stletters@ipcmedia.com

Don't think it would be like it since birth. If the tail has been missing a while, then the scar would have healed and it would look as though there never was a tail there. I'm still putting my money on some sort of injury. Cases of wild squirrels losing tails through injury have been reported.

Poor thing, bet that bleddy hurt!! :lol: Thankyou for the link!

Someone said "Dont squirrels shed their tails?" Made me chuckle!

Its in the shooting times this week