How did we all get on today?

Mungler

I did 45/50 at my usual and tied for a shoot off next week. I then went to the Barleylands Steam Fair which was enormous and a lot better than I thought it would be. Had to come home early because the 2 year old started to punch the 2 week old in the face whilst they were sitting next to eachother in the side by side buggy.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shot a 79ex100 sporting practise :/ :(

then a 63 and a 67 ex 75 at DTL :):/

tomorrow we hit Horne for the first time keep yer posted

ps

last week i had a round of FITASC with the big fella i shot a 21ex25

whilst big George walked off after he missed a kangaroo rabbit and couldn't straight it

does this technically mean i beat a world champ :good: :yp:

Went to Worsley clay sports and shot 42 out of 50 sporting practice - well pleased with that !!

Not been for a few weeks and its changed its name to Manchester clay club or something like that. I will have

to be more observant next time - very nice though

Big Den - Went to Worsley today. I saw all these skeet vest with Manchester etc and just assumed they were a bunch of friends with the same taste in clothing. A bit scary. I shoot at one club where four shooters wear identical vests, trousers, shoes - now they are scary. Just didn't realise about the change of name. Targets, clubhouse and food have improved - shame about the road.

Shot this morning using 28g, 8's Hull Sovereigns that I have not tried before. Found they are the dogs and should be at £140/1000. :lol:

Shot a 26 ex 30 and then we paired up for a 30 bird flush. The guy shooting with me, 'Dave the Fireman', and I shot 28 ex 30 on the flurry.

Great fun, lovely morning and good beer at the pub afterwards!

What Sundays are all about. :good:

Rob.

Did Horne at Gatten Bottom today

firstly what a well run smooth shoot don't know if it was a quiet day but hardly any waiting at any of the eleven stands

shot it twice in a little over three hours was in no hurry

will agree with previous comments that it isn't the hardest shoot we've seen but nethertheless a good days shooting

shot a 74 first time round but knew that could be bettered

shot a solid second card until those ******* rabbits again over two stands i dropped 6 from 10 which at the time i left cost me a brown envelope as i finished on a 77......81 was winning my class!

i think i gotta get some help on these ******* as i am sure i'm stopping the gun

Mungler, Nick, Martin, LB et al

2 mins off J8 M25

within your reach?

Did Horne at Gatten Bottom today

firstly what a well run smooth shoot don't know if it was a quiet day but hardly any waiting at any of the eleven stands

shot it twice in a little over three hours was in no hurry

will agree with previous comments that it isn't the hardest shoot we've seen but nethertheless a good days shooting

shot a 74 first time round but knew that could be bettered

shot a solid second card until those ******* rabbits again over two stands i dropped 6 from 10 which at the time i left cost me a brown envelope as i finished on a 77......81 was winning my class!

i think i gotta get some help on these ******* as i am sure i'm stopping the gun

Mungler, Nick, Martin, LB et al

2 mins off J8 M25

within your reach?

i should think so :good:

well shot :lol:

Big Den - Went to Worsley today. I saw all these skeet vest with Manchester etc and just assumed they were a bunch of friends with the same taste in clothing. A bit scary. I shoot at one club where four shooters wear identical vests, trousers, shoes - now they are scary. Just didn't realise about the change of name. Targets, clubhouse and food have improved - shame about the road.

were they the AWAY TEAM all dressed in the same colour skeet vests {they

must have about a diffrent for every day of the week}

same hats and same bags i usded to see them when i shot the clays a lot in the nort west.

very scary :good:

If you boys go to Horne some time I would drag my *** round the M25 for that, it's a bit nearer than Kent/Essex and I seem to remember the Brighton posse said they would come up for it last time Horne/Caterham were mentioned.

Pin we could video the wabbits and see where you are missing them, I nearly always miss in front, but in 'real time' it looks like a miss behind so I give them even more lead :good:

I think Digger would meet there as well, for reasons he had better explain :lol:

Good shooting BTW :lol:

If you boys go to Horne some time I would drag my *** round the M25 for that, it's a bit nearer than Kent/Essex and I seem to remember the Brighton posse said they would come up for it last time Horne/Caterham were mentioned.

Pin we could video the wabbits and see where you are missing them, I nearly always miss in front, but in 'real time' it looks like a miss behind so I give them even more lead :good:

I think Digger would meet there as well, for reasons he had better explain :lol:

Good shooting BTW :lol:

I had thought about that myself, good idea! I had a nightmare in a comp a while back and missed out 2 places becuase of rabbits which I have never had a problem with. Then I missed every single one for ages, then finally straited 2 stands of rabbits. Thought I had got over it, but I aint.

At broomhills there is a stand in a high house which has 2 automatic rabbits in it. The far one must be 30 yards plus, its moving and you only see it for about a second and a half. Problem is its easy as it never moves but that you need to be about 3' in front of.

I am terrible at keeping track of things.

There is:

1. the PW shoot off at Braintree coming up

2. the Ernyha memorail day somewhere is Kent (Nick, let me know where to send the dosh and how much).

3. there is an open invitation from Tosspot - I am up for it - so when and where?

Could someone be a love and state the times, dates and locations (with post codes) of the above.

Is there a calender function around here somewhere?

Have I missed anything?

Roe Doe - spot on. They even have cartridges printed with their "Away Team" logo on them. Spotted one with different shoes to the others acouple of weeks ago. I'll bet there was an inquest on that one. It is probably just harmless fun and it really doesn't bother us. It just seems a little odd.

I am terrible at keeping track of things.

There is:

1. the PW shoot off at Braintree coming up

2. the Ernyha memorail day somewhere is Kent (Nick, let me know where to send the dosh and how much).

3. there is an open invitation from Tosspot - I am up for it - so when and where?

Could someone be a love and state the times, dates and locations (with post codes) of the above.

Is there a calender function around here somewhere?

Have I missed anything?

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=22201

I pressume the other shoot you mention is the Horne shoot, which needs to be organised. As we dont yet have a date set.