How did we all get on today?

Mungler

Mungler,

You haven't missed anything you have just lost the plot.

The Braintree shoot is 23rd september @ 9.00AM

The Ernyha Memorial shoot is on 30th October at West Kent shooting School Also at 9.00AM

The shoot that TP has invited us to hasn't been arranged yet.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mungler,

You haven't missed anything you have just lost the plot.

The Braintree shoot is 23rd september @ 9.00AM

The Ernyha Memorial shoot is on 30th October at West Kent shooting School Also at 9.00AM

The shoot that TP has invited us to hasn't been arranged yet.

Ta,

All done and in the diary now.

Stuart,

It goes bang when you pull the trigger. :yes::lol:

It seems to be really nice, (here comes the excuses) I have only shot with it twice at the moment, and am getting on OK with it.

The trigger pulls are taking some getting used as they are very light and there is no slack on them. the moment there is any pressure applied it fires.

It is very pointable and seems to float through the air with very little effort.

Stuart, come to the Essex PW shootathon and I can show you what an F3 can do :yes:

Martin's best use of his is for dislodging apples out of the taller trees.

Incidentally, will there be enough time to shoot a 25 round of DTL? I am now hooked on DTL (Sunday's at Orion's in Romford 10 am start if anyone is passing)

Stuart,

Yes it is a 32". There are pictures in Guns and Cartridges, go back to page 3 and my post titled "well I went and did it."

If I knew how to post a link to a thread I would.

Cheers

Mungler,

You know full well that it is too early for apples. :yes::lol::lol::lol::D

shot 100 sporting reg

i don't wanna talk about it :oops::lol:

shot 100 all round

shot 75

shooting DTL with only single barrel and under competition changes things considerably

ABT is good i like that

skeet under pressure was interesting

trouble is i'm now skint :good::oops:

I shot another 73/100 yesterday, I was happy enough with that, but I thought the layout was easy (again) so as always I came away thinking about the daft ones I missed.

The only real yardstick is that I beat both of my mates and they are both more than capable of beating me by miles, so things must be improving.

Nice one martin!

I shot a 74ex100 today with high gun being 78 so I am over the moon with that. Some tricky targets into the sun or it could have been better, I got my first ever 2 straights in a row today AND managed to hit the little fake furry fellers with pointy ears (finally).

The form came a day late then Andy?

No shooting for me today, I was out working Merlin. I'll post a report when I can.

Pffffff.

We're doing DTL for money next time as well.

The skeet was a surprise for me - although I am pretty sure the skeet trap at orions is on the old side and slower than most others.

As for ESP - I like it fast, furious and in pairs. I do need to give loopers a bit more practice given that I missed every single one yesterday.

Until the next time Monsieur Cavie, and I will have my rewenge (for all you Black Adder fans)

ESP 42/50, DTL 23/25 and Skeet 24/25 (missed one and picked it up on the reserve).

Martin, nice shooting there - what are the prizes like out there - money, cartridges, beer, women?

:lol::lol: beer after the toys are put to bed with out a dowt, but i dont drink very much so i watch others :yes:;):lol: .

prizes vary over the shoots obviously, i d win $1500 at the federal 400 this year taking H.O.A. but thats a once a year Calcutta, so far this year ive placed 1st 6 times with a 2nd and 3rd and 5th, and in buddy shoots 1st place both tittles 2 man and 3 man, had a great time shooting this year, most of the prizes are trophy and bragging rights, im never going to win enough to retire :D , but its still fun and i can never get enough.

Martin

Until the next time Monsieur Cavie, and I will have my rewenge (for all you Black Adder fans)

Bring it on, is all I can say to that.

I thought about booking a lesson at Braintree but apparently they are fully fulled until november, some guy called Andy from Brentwood. They said he needed to brush up on his sporting. :blush::good::good: :blink: :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Went out with the Mossberg for some clays today - man I haven't smiled that much in ages. Obviously the score was lower - shooting pairs with a pump was interesting (but very satisfying when it worked). Shot 39/50 and beat plenty but guess I will be bottom of AA class this week.

Had a go with the Franchi 20g I bought of Caplock - what a lovely little gun - ultra light, easy to mount and absolutely zero recoil.

Final word on the Mossberg - get one - it shoots extremely well and very little in the way of recoil. I can highly recommend it. Also, when you outshoot £1k+ value guns it makes it all worthwhile. Low scores but big grin day.

Did the Horne shoot today heavily attended by PW members :thumbs: :thumbs:

and i'm pleased to say i trounced them all with a score of 76ex100 :lol::lol:

the lad graced us with his presence today and shot a respectable 40ex100

with his Franchi 20 auto, which was leading the colts when we left :good::D

ever tried asking an eleven year old for tips on rabbits :D:D

once again guys this was a smoothly run shoot no long waits no break downs ect

recommended