How did we all get on today?

Mungler

Went out with the Mossberg for some clays today - man I haven't smiled that much in ages. Obviously the score was lower - shooting pairs with a pump was interesting (but very satisfying when it worked). Shot 39/50 and beat plenty but guess I will be bottom of AA class this week.

Had a go with the Franchi 20g I bought of Caplock - what a lovely little gun - ultra light, easy to mount and absolutely zero recoil.

Final word on the Mossberg - get one - it shoots extremely well and very little in the way of recoil. I can highly recommend it. Also, when you outshoot £1k+ value guns it makes it all worthwhile. Low scores but big grin day.

I got 21 on skeet today with my Mossberg (which I have fixed by the way and which is working a bloody treat :D ), it was the best score of the people I went round with, Horne and the like must be fierce clubs thats all I can say, I think Ill continue to hide at Charlwood until my scores get better :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comp shoot at searches ground near Watford. Had a great start, followed by a suspect middle and then a reasonable end. 47ex75 with high gun on 60, so was ok with that.

Same old story, missed a load of easy birds and blanked on an easy rabbit giving it lead when it wasn't needing any. Tales of what could have been, without the lame 2 & 4 I got, I would have been on for 60+. Always the same though :D

Same old story, missed a load of easy birds and blanked on an easy rabbit giving it lead when it wasn't needing any. Tales of what could have been, without the lame 2 & 4 I got, I would have been on for 60+. Always the same though :good:

Pin

you and me Oct 30th

all day practise rabbits ok :D:D

Tosspot I am glad you enjoyed Horne, that would be good ground for a few PW members to meet at, they just need to be available on the day.

I went to Bisley yesterday to shoot running targets with the rifles for the first time ever.

Did appalingly badly on the 50 yard static fox and running boar, but pulled it together on the 100 yard static /running deer - phew!

Very enjoyable overall, we learnt a lot and will definitely be giving that another go sometime :D

I was at Bisley on saturday doing my NRA assessment, I can now hire what I like from the armoury. So next time we do a Bisley meet we can have underlever .357 magnums and black powder revolvers and anything else they have.

It also gives me the valid reason for fullbore on my FAC. :D:D

Just need to decide what I want now. 7.62 or 5.56.

• 3 weeks later...

Took the new Lanber today and did a round on DTL (peeing down with rain)

Got 23-25 :)

Then decided to try a round on ABT with Gavin and managed 20-25 :D

The gun shoots rather well but the 2 i missed on DTL were birds i SHOULDN'T have missed they were easy birds :lol:

Still try again on Tuesday and hopefully do heaps better

LG

Took the new Lanber today and did a round on DTL (peeing down with rain)

Got 23-25 :lol:

Then decided to try a round on ABT with Gavin and managed 20-25 :good:

The gun shoots rather well but the 2 i missed on DTL were birds i SHOULDN'T have missed they were easy birds :lol:

Still try again on Tuesday and hopefully do heaps better

LG

Did my best ever 17 ex 25 on sporting, not bad for just about a months worth of shooting with the 12.....

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely crud ;)

Been away for about 2 weeks without a shoot and went up today and what a shameful display :lol:

Still i guess that what i get for shirking the joys of Clay shooting to antifoul my mates boat and weld 2 cars MOT a car take someone out to dinner i just never got the time to get away shooting :good:

I need to focus on Sunday though :)

LG

Absolutely crud :lol:

Been away for about 2 weeks without a shoot and went up today and what a shameful display :lol:

Still i guess that what i get for shirking the joys of Clay shooting to antifoul my mates boat and weld 2 cars MOT a car take someone out to dinner i just never got the time to get away shooting :lol:

I need to focus on Sunday though :lol:

LG

aye, you do. pressure of the camera, real evidence and all that :lol:

Absolutely crud :lol:

Still i guess that what i get for shirking the joys of Clay shooting to antifoul my mates boat and weld 2 cars MOT a car take someone out to dinner i just never got the time to get away shooting :lol:

I need to focus on Sunday though :lol:

LG

aye, you do. pressure of the camera, real evidence and all that :lol:

Ive got my excuses ready main one will be im still in shock :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shot high 40's (out of 50) last week and this week, but, was expecting a win for my 47/50 for last Saturday to find someone turned up just before closing and did 49/50, and my 46/50 for last Sunday was pipped by a straight 50. There's always someone better out there - I just prefer it when they don't turn up and shoot.

Using the proper scoring system:

1st go on DTL:

2nd Go on DTL:

50 bird driven flush (teams of 2):

25 kills

3rd go on DTL:

Weather was poor as hell, seeing as we were facing the severn coast (about 300m from the coast itself) we had strong winds and annoying rain and it was bloody freezing.

Shot 19ex25, which turned out to be good enough to tie for first and force a shoot off, which I won with 19ex25 against 17ex25.

Well chuffed ;)

well done Pin

what were you shooting skeet? ESP?

made the trip to Horne today instead of the haul to Canterbury, by the way LB how'd yer fair

glad i did as i returned a 89ex100 which should be good enough for a brown envelope

then on to S.Down for a 100 practise for a 79

when are we S.East boys gonna get together again the xmas hols must be good for something

I'm in - and still want to take a tenner off PIN.

I have been invited to some shoot off at Dartford next Sunday and am booked in at my local club's boxing day madness - where we get to shoot tellys, radios, hot water bottles and all manner of bric a brac. Other than that, and in the words of Mr. Humphreys, "I'm free".