Newbie from Nottinghamshire

Franchi Harrier

Massive hi to all.

New to this forum and awaiting my SGL still after 12 weeks.

Cabinet all installed and deposit made on my first shotgun being a Franchi Harrier Sporting.

Anyone else having a long wait for their SGL in Notts or any other newbies/experienced clay shooters attending any Notts clubs to consider future meet-ups?

Best regards,

Matt

Hi mate, I'm new also and from Mansfield area.. My mate as just received his SGL after week. He called them on the second week to check if they have received his application to which they checked and said yes.. He the asked in a polite manor how long would he be waiting roughly as the farmer is hassling him duo to the crop been cut. She then said she will look it up as they have a back log, but should be around another 3 week...

2 week later all checks was passed and he now has his licence

I know allot of people do not advice calling regards the matter, but he called in a good nature and it payed off it seems..

hi mate im also in notts. currently notts police are running very far behind due to one of the feo's being off sick and the other one trying to cover everything so their currently doing about 100 visits a week less than they should be. I shoot clay occasionally. It might be a good 4 months or more till its come through unless you can get your boot up them to hurry them along.

Hi guys.

I called them at week 10 and was told to expect upto the full 20 weeks. I intend to have another chat with them in two weeks to see where we are with it. At this point it would be week 15. I would consider this fair time to arrange a visit or give a clearer indication of where we are.

I've only done the two lessons and found an instant interest in the sport. Just don't fancy the steep price for the lessons and would rather learn by other means, like meeting new people to give me some sound advice.

Will keep peeps updated on the SGL process.

• 2 weeks later...