Zeiss claims lamp-shy fox...

Birx

I've been after this lamp-shy fox for a while now. It visits the feed station just after last light every night, but doesn't stop long enough for me to get a shot off once it sees the lamp. Someone must have educated this little mo-fo!

My good friend and Zeiss Pro Stalker Shotgunspud has been preaching the virtues of Zeiss scopes for so long now that I eventually succumb and bought one to try.

Last night I sat up in my usual spot waiting for my vulpine Houdini. Sure enough he appeared just as my unaided vision faded.... but this time I didn't need the lamp! The Zeiss glass picked him out like it was daylight. I waited for a minute or so until he was gracious enough to offer me a good shot, then dropped him where he stood.

Cheers Spud! :good:

Why didn't you persuade me to buy one off you before now :lol:

post-36063-0-95650700-1348175395_thumb.jpg

post-36063-0-11647900-1348175817_thumb.jpg

Its suprising what can be achieved on a lighter night with good optics and nothing else. I often use a good pair of Swavoski Binos to spot and a S+Bender to shoot no NV or lamp required. Not posible tonight just when there is a good moon, light polution or snow on the ground generally. I dont like spotting with the scope

good result pal. i used okish scopes for years,but they would loose there zero quite a bit and in low light a bit dull .plus on high zoom be a bit blurred.once you get a decent scope you never look back.i use swarovski.s now.some of mine i zero,d 2 year ago,still spot on.good luck.

Edited by simon6ppc

good result pal. i used okish scopes for years,but they would loose there zero quite a bit and in low light a bit dull .plus on high zoom be a bit blurred.once you get a decent scope you never look back.i use swarovski.s now.some of mine i zero,d 2 year ago,still spot on.good luck.

Simon what do you think of your swaro for lamping? I have a Z6 and to be honest its not the best for lamping , daylight fine but I struggle with it on the lamp. I have a Tasco WCP on my .22/250 and its far superior for lamping.

Often wondered if I have a dodgy scope or is it my eyes ?

not in the slightest foxhunter I had a 2-12 swaro Z6 and struggled severely under the lamp. However selling that and buying a 5-30 Z6I with the same ret made a huge difference. The illuminated dot makes shooting in low light so straight forward, my last one i used to loose the cross hairs on dark backgrounds. The Zeiss illuminated ret is very similar to the swaro and I really can't tell the difference in low light with mine versus a mates 6-24x56 victory

Simon what do you think of your swaro for lamping? I have a Z6 and to be honest its not the best for lamping , daylight fine but I struggle with it on the lamp. I have a Tasco WCP on my .22/250 and its far superior for lamping.

Often wondered if I have a dodgy scope or is it my eyes ?

to be honest the one i use at night is a 6 by 16 and at night it is good.i ave a 6 by 24,that at night is not as good.but its a fine reticle target scope thats why.my best night scope is a meopta 7 by 50 fixed .but ime 45, my eyes are still ok but when it gets 2 in the morning and ime tired i do squint a bit .at night i think if you stick under 10 times zoom you shouldnt go wrong. i shoot on 10 times at night all the time apart from when they come in seriously close which doesnt happen very often lol.

not in the slightest foxhunter I had a 2-12 swaro Z6 and struggled severely under the lamp. However selling that and buying a 5-30 Z6I with the same ret made a huge difference. The illuminated dot makes shooting in low light so straight forward, my last one i used to loose the cross hairs on dark backgrounds. The Zeiss illuminated ret is very similar to the swaro and I really can't tell the difference in low light with mine versus a mates 6-24x56 victory

Thanks for that , I thought it was the scope. Think I may need to sell it now and get something else but wonder what ?

the illuminated version believe me they are brilliant and well worth the money. If you've the 4a ret then its an issue of picking up the fine lines in low light. With the illuminated dot you just put it on foxys chest and job done so simple and with variable brightness perfect in daylight as well. I'm amazed by the groups I can do with it as well.