Any wildfowlers my neck of the woods

.philmypower.

Just wondering how you've been getting on. Been on about 7 morning flights on the geese now and still not had one. Started off trying to get under flight lines, no luck. Next I invested in 18 decoys, still no luck just got a caller went out this morning, and you guessed it, still no luck. It's so frustrating as I'm seeing several hundred each morning, had a bit of interest today, they just wouldn't commit. Going to go out and try again Tom.

How you guys getting on. Any tips would be great.

What are you trying to decoy them onto, they are not gonna land there just coz you put decoys down, if they are just flighting over your

land then you will just have to try and try again to get under the flightlines, you bought a call yesterday and went out today, sorry but its going to take longer than that to learn how to call geese, better not to call at all until your convinced that you know what you doing with a call, I bought a pink call last week and all today i've been sat infront of the lap top listening to pinks and then trying to imitate it, I recorded myself and played it back, and then practised more.

Geese are very frustrating you see reports on here about guys flighting into stubbles and it sounds so easy and sometimes it is, but if its only flightline shooting you have its much more difficult and you'll just have to stick at it i'm afraid.

I look forward to your successful report in the near future :good:

Thanks for your encouraging words terry, it's mainly Canada's, like I said I had some interest today and believe me I won't give up. Wasn't a complete waste of time, great sunrise and saw some fantastic wildlife.

I didn't just get my caller out of the box and go out, I did study and practice like yourself using YouTube, but I understand it takes a while to master. I have 18 FUDs all Canada's, tried several patterns. Sill wouldn't be fun if it was easy.

With such a positive attitude you'll soon bag yourself a couple fella :drinks: Not sure if you've tried but try putting your decoys quite far apart, have about at least 10ft between them, sometimes the geese like more room than we think and its too easy to just stick on in the ground take a step and stick another one in. Worth a try if you've not already done so.

Edited by Terry P

I would include a few greylag deeks and make sure your pattern is varied and 30 yds downwind of your hide. Check you have some spoof 'landing deeks' and call even if then geese are specs on the horizon. I like to shoot flight lines but either way its a lottery.

The best of luck.

Use 1000 deeks it wont improve things. It needs to be a resting area or a feeding area for them to drop in. In the morning there going out to feed generally, why drop in on your bit if there is good grub to be had elsewere and they are on thier way there. I sometimes use 1/2 dozen canada deeks on the marsh but only in or very close to feeding or resting areas. flighting and deycoying are different things. If your just under a flightline get there when they have a strong wind to contend with and they will be flying lower or find a feeding area or resting area and be in posision at the correct time

I don't decoy geese but I do pigeons and I guess I would stick to the same line of thought....to be successful you need to go to the geese as they won't come to you...meaning if they are not feeding on your field its tough to convince them there is food to be had.

But that's wildfowling. I have done around 10 flights so far and been under flight lines but they have all flown over and looked down on me from 80 yards. But one day...

I don't decoy geese but I do pigeons and I guess I would stick to the same line of thought....to be successful you need to go to the geese as they won't come to you...meaning if they are not feeding on your field its tough to convince them there is food to be had.

But that's wildfowling. I have done around 10 flights so far and been under flight lines but they have all flown over and looked down on me from 80 yards. But one day...

just been to have a look on my bit near reeds island on the humber,one of my stubbles is covered in pinks.going in morn for a crack at them,i,ll let you know how i get on.craig

Yeah please do. Good luck

13 shot between two of us,went for a drive after we had packed in to reeds island and on to winteringham where i can shoot as well.never seen so much stubble and most had pinks on them,talked to the farmer and he said he scared the geese off twice this morn off fields that had been drilled with rape.another go in morn i think. craig