Aigle or Le Chameau?

margun

It's time to replace my wellies. I has a pair of Aigles which lasted me 7 seasons of hard use before they finally started leaking. I made the mistake of buying a pair of Jack Pykes (after the senior management said I couldn't spend £100+ on wellies :sad1: ). The Jack Pykes lasted one season before the sole was worn out and I couldn't get any grip - buy cheap buy twice.

So I'm going to invest in some decent wellies again. I'd like to give Le Chameau a go, probably Vierzonords as I don't want zipped wellies. But I've heard Le Chameau rubber splits easily. My gut is to go with some more Aigle Parcours Iso as I know they're built well and comfy.

Any opinions?

I have the Aigle parcours iso open and they have been great, right up to when the zip broke! I rang Aigle uk and they sent out a new pair, all they wanted back were the logos cut out of the top of each boot.

I now have a new pair for shooting/beating etc and a pair with the logo cut out for feeding the pigs etc. Great boot and great customer service :good:

LaChameau, Virizinord or similar, got teh blue liner, mine have about 7 years or more or less every day use. About on their last legs now though,

A

I have the same, Le Chameau Vierzonord, neoprene lined. Had them since 2003, they just starting to show signs of wear but don't leak. Wear them all the time.

I have purchased a pair of the full length zip ones, Le Chameau Chasseurnord I think they're called, just ready for when the Vierzonord eventually do fail..

You'll not go wrong with Le Chameau wellies :good:

I really struggle with wellies for some reason> I've currently got some neoprene aigles that are nicely made, but really don't fit very well. They seem to be made for quite narrow feet, and mine aren't. Had some Chameaus a few years ago and they didn't fit brilliantly either. Have had a couple of pairs of muckboots, which fitted well, but they didn't last very long as the neoprene on the heel wore through inside and then ripped my heels up! The aigles have a bit of leather or rubber on the inside of the heel, to protect the noeprene and that works well. Trouble is the leather/rubber pulls my socks off as I'm walking!

If I could find a really well fitting, well designed pair of wellies I'd be a happy bunny. Never tried hunters, so that might be my next pair. Trouble is finding shops with any stock so you can actually try a few on before you buy!

AIGLE PARCOURS PRESTIGE HUNTING FIELD BOOTS - just ordered a pair of these, on the recommendation of several mates from a well known auction site for £166 plus £5+ delivery (shop is field & stream, seller is 20-20mobile-eyes). If you go for Aigle I reckon this place offers just about the best prices. They sell other styles as well.

Edited by SakoQuad

Friend owns a country clothing shop, said stay away from them fur lined le cheameau's but both boots are on.a par. I have had two pairs of aigles and they have been perfect. Little tight on and off around the ankles. Know some one with a pair of leather lined le chameau boots. Well looked after and the boots were bought in 1989. Take from that what you will. Both boots are tough and well made. I think the key is to remember no matter how good the boot, if you dont take care you will eventually puncture or ruin them.

Thanks for all the replies everyone - it looks like an even split!

Think I'll take myself down to try them both on and make the decision on that. Someone mentioned the ankle restriction on the Aigles - I personally like this, it makes the wellies less likely to be sucked off by the estuary mud!

I have just bought a new pair of Le Chameau Vierzonord (John Coppins at Willoughby £135.00) to replace the previous pair which lasted about 7 or 8 years.

Good, comfortable and warm - I've walked miles in the old ones - only reason I had to get new was that they were getting a bit worn in places and I managed to get a large blackthorn thorn right through the side about 18 months ago (they still didn't leak for about a year!)

Old ones will still be OK for dry pigeon forays, new ones will be used in earnest walking through streams and bogs throughout the coming season.

Only downside is price - although John Coppin is great value I think my original pair were only about £85.00 - inflation I guess!!!

Same story, are you Nikon or Canon, Browning or Beretta etc... Aigle or Le Chameau, 2 quality brands, you can't go wrong with any of these.

I'd go .177 if I were you. Flatter shooting.

Whats up with Toggi or the plethora of lesser named but just as good brands. It's a pair of wellies. They're going to get very dirty. As long as they're green noone will care.

Personally I've had one very nice pair of wellies that are still with me Hunters with a leather lining and full length zip, bought at a bargain price from the sportsman but nothing else lives up to them, bearing in mind the dog gets walked in them and I wear them for shooting and beating they have done serious miles. I kill neoprene lined boots as I go through the liners, next pair will be hard but it will probably be a pair of the leather lined le chameau you get a well made boot and one that lasts well, however the price is one that is very hard to forget