Aigle or Le Chameau?

margun

Hunter balmoral neoprenes, ripped a hole on them on some hidden barbed wire 3rd time out!

Just replaced them with some aigle outlasts, not even tried them on yet but price was good so will give them a try!

That's the agile boots I have. Had them 5 years now, they need some thick socks in the winter, but other than that, there good all year round.

• 8 years later...
On 26/09/2012 at 13:18, chrispti said:

Musto and Barbour now do neoprene boots both at tempting prices.

I think I will give a pair of them a go when my Agile boots give up, although they are 5 years old and show no signs of surrendering any time soon....

Yes, I bought the tempting Barbour neoprene lined ones. Don't even bother. They lasted 5 months and split on both foot and sole.  Fair play to Barbour, I got my money back on complaint, but now looking at the Aigle Parcours

On 11/12/2020 at 14:19, Magz said:

Yes, I bought the tempting Barbour neoprene lined ones. Don't even bother. They lasted 5 months and split on both foot and sole.  Fair play to Barbour, I got my money back on complaint, but now looking at the Aigle Parcours

I think he may have decided by now. 

On 25/09/2012 at 20:30, margun said:

It's time to replace my wellies. I has a pair of Aigles which lasted me 7 seasons of hard use before they finally started leaking. I made the mistake of buying a pair of Jack Pykes (after the senior management said I couldn't spend £100+ on wellies ). The Jack Pykes lasted one season before the sole was worn out and I couldn't get any grip - buy cheap buy twice.

So I'm going to invest in some decent wellies again. I'd like to give Le Chameau a go, probably Vierzonords as I don't want zipped wellies. But I've heard Le Chameau rubber splits easily. My gut is to go with some more Aigle Parcours Iso as I know they're built well and comfy.

Any opinions?

Having had both recently, LeChameau outlasted Aigle Parcours iso spectacularly, Aigle just about made a year.

Try Decathlon for Aigles..... bought a pair of the leather lined the other week and can put up with them being a brown sort of colour. Going to replace my years old full zip leather lined but they’re over £300 on the Aigle website..and like rocking horse poo over here. 

I did have to go down a size on the new ones though...

cheers

fizz

• 1 month later...