Lurchers

new to the flock

Guest charlie

hi, i run two lurchers, jack (mk1) a grey/saluki & suki a whippet/?.

i was new to it 4 years ago when i got my first lurcher, jack (mk 1) from battersea dogs home. he was very very keen to chase any thing available, especially the neighbourhood cats ( yes!!!!!!!!). anyway i bought books by plummer and drakeford. what they don't know isn't worth knowing.

one bit of advice i can give that i found out the hard way is don't punish your dog physically if it misbehaves, all this will do is put your training back by months. when you are unhappy with the cur ignore it. it goes against the grain but it will realise eventually that it has done something wrong. they are quick to learn.

charlie :D:D B)

Charlie Plummer was a ********er and a proven liar.

He was a writer not a Hunter and all he wrote about was other people`s experiences.

Now for the Novice his books may seem entertaining and informative but to the guys who walk the walk,lol they contain nothing but Sh*te.

Flocky your best bet is to look for the working terrier and Lurcher site run by our Moocher. There`s plenty of guys there who walk the walk and can advise you on the problems you may get with all working dogs.

Just interested in who I can contact on this subject when I run into a problem, as I am new to the sport.

:D NTTF Can,t help you myself but we have a resident dog expert on the forum from Canada who we take all our dog problems to. I will look up his name and post it to you or if you are in the PWarms later i can tell you about him or TC will also know who he is. :D