.204 ginger at 150 running

swiss.tony

well well well another cracking night out and still the foxes keep showing up was out with vulpinehunter "aka david and his wicked savage.204 dont really no

much about the gun other than its ****** loud with out a mod on lol.

Started off early so i could give him a quick tour about and lay out for night ahead few fields and a few bunny's in back of 4x4 with 22 lr then onto main foxing land where we got a glimpse of a set of ginger eyes at 300 plus running like housan bolt in the 400 mtrs bye bye he was shouting .

​ Dropped back onto same field as id shot last weeks fox in and bingo shinny eyes 100 yrds away gun out car moved round to firing position gone " oh ********* great lucky ********** picked him back up running for cover and like we all no they stop for 1 milli second for a look back David was bang on the money head shot at 150 down he went another good size dog fox .

And to top it of 1st fox with new rifle that he imported from Canada weird looking right handle bolt left hand eject wicked night-force scope still needs a mod lol thanks for coming out with us mate had a cracking night

all the best swiss but bed is calling me

post-23051-0-08580700-1349147256_thumb.jpg

Edited by swiss.tony

Well very good night(morning!!) for my first trip out with Tony.Thanks you very much mate.

I manged a few rabbits and by pure fluke head shot one at more than 20 yards! impressed Tony but as I said pure fluke!?

The Fox was fair shot and first with my Savage .204(I find it THE most accurate gun I have owned) The 6mmBR I used in Montana in June was extremly accurate 12 shots for 11 Prarie dogs all at over 150yards, on a rest not free hand though.

Tone sefishly insisted on driving all night and only had one shot, you know how to look after your guests mate!

Fish and chips to start (supurb) and couple of coffees during the night.

All in all a very well planed and faultless night.

Lots of ground to go at and we saw three or four foxes.

The Savage was bought in Canada and run in by Dean Brown who I met on the net (no not that sort of site!!!) I stopped with him for three weeks and had very nice time shot over 400 PD's and bought the gun back into the UK with no problems at all.

I made the bipod for it and it seems tyo work well very strong a light.

I am planning to make silencer to see if the gun will be alittle quiter I have small machine shop to play with!

My problem now is how do I provide Tony with some sport? I have few farms to go at so we will see what we can do.

Thanks again Tony.First class night.