What pistol would you have?

PandaMagee

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in all honesty, even if they were legal here, I would get bored with them quite quickly. I don't think I would want one.

Me I probably wouldnt buy one but would like to be able to go and rent one for an hour and shoot it.........

Nutty nut, blah blah, Tony B Liar, blah, nutty, 5.0 cal full auto etc Dunblane was a conspiracy right to bare arms etc.

I thank you

You know, if you are bored with the topic, maybe some on here aren't. I was under the impression that this is a shooting forum for all disciplines, not just what you like, funny how you don't insult the shotgun shooters as nutjobs. Whatever, just carry on......

Edited by Bloke

I would have a S&W model 686 .357 magnum. Also fires .38 special cartridges. I owned a 6" barrel one years ago, and it was a pleasure to fire.

:good: Totally agree Steve, I also owned a 686 6" barrel and it was indeed a fine hand gun. Very accurate and well made. For me if i had the choice now it would be again a 686. I always favoured revolvers over auto's any day. I also owned a Beretta 92 and never found it to be as accurate as the 686 or any other revolver for that matter. Never been a fan of any of the Glock range but if i had to choose an auto it would be a 1911. Truly iconic :good:

You know, if you are bored with the topic, maybe some on here aren't. I was under the impression that this is a shooting forum for all disciplines, not just what you like, funny how you don't insult the shotgun shooters as nutjobs. Whatever, just carry on......

Pinkhandbag.jpg

Was it something I said?

Edited by Mungler

Ignore Mungler, he cant help but express his opinion on this subject whenever it crops up, many have tried to explain to him that normal people enjoy shooting pistols but he cant get his head around it.

Glock isn't great trigger is absolutely pants and as a gun has to many "ables", reliable, dependable blah blah blah, all very dull.

I also have an S&W auto, older gun but nicer to shoot, just feels better quality.

However, one of the nicest I have shot and would consider spending the money on is the CZ SP01 Shadow

I fired one once and was quite surprised how accurate it was.

It was a pimped 357 magnum made legal by officially being a muzzle-loader or some such (even though it loaded from the cylinder, in any case it looked the part). A generous chap on the range let a few of us have a go.

It could have been my superior shooting skills but I don't think it was.

Was fun shooting at bottles and orange clays 100 yards away.

I fired one once and was quite surprised how accurate it was.

It was a pimped 357 magnum made legal by officially being a muzzle-loader or some such (even though it loaded from the cylinder, in any case it looked the part). A generous chap on the range let a few of us have a go.

It could have been my superior shooting skills but I don't think it was.

Was fun shooting at bottles and orange clays 100 yards away.

I would love to have a go at muzzle loaders.

It's a wide question, what would you want to do with the pistol ?

My personal favourite target gun was a S&W 52-2 auto in .38 special wadcutter, it had the best trigger I have ever used and the factory test target showed a 1" group at 50yds. The build quality was stunning for a big factory.

The best built revolver I have used, but sadly couldn't afford to own, was a Manhurin. Top quality.