Adams first fox

cockercas

So shooting a 888 yard hare is responsible and showing respect to your quarry.Not in my book mate and a lot of luck too.The slightest breeze at best a missed hare at worst a wounded hare.The second coming of Robbosam.

Geordie

Did you not read my post ? You obviously know nothing about long range shooting.

The shot was dialled in . i.e elevation and windage calculated so no room for error.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No fair play to him for making the shot. Still the fact remains he got his data to make an accurate shot from technology. Adam got his from me. Both was accurate. Both resulted in a clean shot. People don't like been bettered. Especially by a newbie. Adam pulled of what most consider to be a long shot. Shooting is logical. Its just science with a bit of luck. Great stuff if foxhunter and his mate have time to put all there data into a pc to make the shot. I usually have a split second to make the shot and I rearly miss so I must be pretty accurate at getting the info right.

At least this post has brought about a bit of discussion. Normally I post and you get very little reply so its refreshing to read a bit of objectional criticism which I think is healthy.

Keep on knocking over those 300 yd foxes :good:

I'd love to come shooting with you and your laptop Foxhunter1! If you've ever taken a walk through the countryside you'll know that the wind in one place can be TOTALLY different from somewhere 888yds away. So your computer would have had as much idea where that bullet was going as Adam did! As an aside, there would be a LOT more foxes round here if I had to ask my computer how to shoot them all. Haha

I'd love to come shooting with you and your laptop Foxhunter1! If you've ever taken a walk through the countryside you'll know that the wind in one place can be TOTALLY different from somewhere 888yds away. So your computer would have had as much idea where that bullet was going as Adam did! As an aside, there would be a LOT more foxes round here if I had to ask my computer how to shoot them all. Haha

Yes I know the wind varies at different ranges this is where experience comes in.

We dont use a laptop to shoot foxes on the lamp mate it is all long range daytime shooting where you have enough time to calculate data and dial in.

Why dont you have a look on youtube and watch some long range shooting and appreciate its skill .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX4aqmbaGIo&feature=related

Edited by FOXHUNTER1

Is that it now? I've read some interesting bits in this thread but also some utter arrogant tosh. Crates empty so off to buy another one and find another interesting thread.

Only comment I'd make Joe, is that you said earlier on that you weren't confident that Adam would kill the fox. I know its a moot point and that we're never 100% sure of a kill, but although it went well and a good kill, was it wise to allow the shot with your uncertainty?

So this will be another 5 pages and 85 posts from the PW legal team deciding what sentence to give the long range fox shooter,or shall we save time and just have him deported, say to Austrailia ..LOL loads of fox's there to shoot.

Edited by Dougy

Fair point dave.Adam had the gun, It was his decision weather he took the shot or not. The only person in the world I would of felt confidant of a kill is me. Adam felt confidant and the shot was good.

the only person i would of felt confidant of a kill is simon6ppc i have seen some top shooting from him over the years he is out on is moor target shooting most days of the week he as targets set at 100 200 and 300 yrds and i have sin him put bullet on bullet

the only person i would of felt confidant of a kill is simon6ppc i have seen some top shooting from him over the years he is out on is moor target shooting most days of the week he as targets set at 100 200 and 300 yrds and i have sin him put bullet on bullet

??? ??? But he wasn't there so why the post? You in love with him? :good::whistling::lol:

Chris, it's a long standing paradox that someone without a certificate and no experience can shoot someones rifle under supervision but a certificate holder with experience would be contravening the conditions of his ticket if he did the same. I think it's down to owner/occupier or agent thingy.