Adams first fox

cockercas

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you assess 400 metres in the dark then , please enlighten me?

If you're that good I'm sure you can pick this weeks lottery numbers.....

I live in the real world not fantasy land...

Speak to somebody independent. truckboy on here come out with me regularly, ask him what distances we shoot at and ask him often I miss, it easy on land you shoot all the time, I have lived on our land all my life. As for elsewhere it is just experience as in everything, the more you do the more you know.

Do you walk in to doors or have you figured out after 45 years when you are getting close?

Of course there is the use of things such as mil-dot or parralax for those that need a bit of help, but I don't, I am that good.

Oh and just to really **** you off I head shoot dear at 300 yards plus aswell, not in the dark of course put dont believe in heart shots, they are just for people who cant judge distances!

Edited by Dempy

So if you came out with me tonight , I could give you the lamp and you could tell me where 400 metres was? I Dont think so!!!!!!

In fact I will bet you £1000 you would be wrong. :yes:

You better check the post above, as I edited it, but if you were closer I would take you up that bed tonight and I would encourage you to increase your bet, I shot a fox while lamping last year across a valley and when we got home we measured it on google earth, we knew where we parked due to the only tree in that fence line and we knew we picked it up 10 yards to the left of the gate. Well I wish I had not measured as I was wrong. like you say it is hard in the dark, on strange land and over a valley as well. I told my lamper it was a 400 yarder and when we measured it it was only 397 yards, I should of left it really, 3 yards!

I also shoot a lot of foxes running at anywhere between 100 and 250 yards, there is something else you can not believe as well!

I tell you what (and I am a man of my word) let us get the pheasant season out the way (far to busy at the moment) and you can come over, I will put you up up and you can come lamping with us. You can hold me to that!

Are you GOD as he performs miracles as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Head shooting deer at 300 yards doesn't **** me off at all , my mate shoots them at 500 yards.

In the dark? :innocent:

I also shoot a lot of foxes running at anywhere between 100 and 250 yards, there is something else you can not believe as well!

How do you learn a skill like that ? In clay shooting you would get a lot of chipped clays as you learned how much lead to give, can I assume you had a lot of chipped foxes too ?

In daylight of course :yes:

If you had been closer I would have took up your offer but Dorset is a million miles away or maybe not , Im hopeless at distances :lol: :lol:

How do you learn a skill like that ? In clay shooting you would get a lot of chipped clays as you learned how much lead to give, can I assume you had a lot of chipped foxes too ?

Probably all shot off a wing mirror as well in a 40 mph gale :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was surprised, it is not has hard as you think, but a chipped fox with a 55 grain ballistic tip is very soon a dead fox. And I know some people will now argue you should not take a shot unless you are sure of a kill, but when can you ever be 100% sure of a kill, do all the pigeon shooters on here kill 100% of the time?

In daylight of course :yes:

If you had been closer I would have took up your offer but Dorset is a million miles away or maybe not , Im hopeless at distances :lol: :lol:

Probably all shot off a wing mirror as well in a 40 mph gale :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well the offer is there and stands, I don't shoot from the wing mirror very often, I prefer the bi-pod off the roof.

I am not going to get in to arguments about wind and all the rest, but I know what I can do and you are more than welcome to come and see, you may learn something.

If I'm ever down Dorset I will give you a shout.

Have you got any deer I can stalk? :lol:

I wish I did have, we are lucky enough to have quite a few Sika moving in now, been all round us for a while. But please do do,,,,,

And please don't think this patronizing, but 10 years ago I would of said the exact same things as you are now....

Yes, but looking at a picture is a lot different to being stood there, if you want a guess,,,, 150yards to the track across and a further 200 to the bottom point so around 350 in total and around 180 across

Well that just proves my point as it is 510 yards. So your guess of 350 is no where near and this is in daylight so imagine how far wrong you would be in the dark.

I rest my case !

Close :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, did you see my real estimate? I am dying to know how wrong I was now lol

Well that just proves my point as it is 510 yards. So your guess of 350 is no where near and this is in daylight so imagine how far wrong you would be in the dark.

I rest my case !

****** off, it is a picture :lookaround: and we only have your word for it :)