loose connection in lamp- name of part

Teal

managed to snap a wire in my deben gunlamp. I've circled in the picture the piece which I need to replace or refit. I don't think it's possible to open the connector and put the wire in again, what's this called so I can get a new one (or anything that will do the job instead). :good:

lamp.JPG

Teal - The atom pro tactical has done away with the plug nearest the lamp. They "hard-wire" the shorter wires inside the lamp body. The only detriment to that is you would have a long lead cord :drool: hanging off it at all times.

BTW - if any of the other plugs develop intermittent failure simply open up the male part of each plug to make it a tighter fit in the opposite socket. Could that be all thats wrong with your suspect plug?

thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the wire going into the male part of the plug which attaches to the lamp has snapped, I've tried using tape to get it into place, but as you can guess this doesn't work well!

Soldering it into place sounds like it's the way forward, although not sure how long this will last.

Maplin used to do something called a BJ38R, which was a heavier duty version of what you have there, but I have just looked an it has been discontinued :good:

The 'Tamiya Race Connectors' are the sort of thing you need, or you could go to a model shop and ask what those boys use for inline connectors :drool:

Us RC boys use allsorts, have a look here http://ashtekelectronics.com/store/power-c...rs-c-26_28.html

I know the lad that runs that place, good bloke. The tamia style are cheapest and are more than adequate :D

Maplin used to do something called a BJ38R, which was a heavier duty version of what you have there, but I have just looked an it has been discontinued :good:

The 'Tamiya Race Connectors' are the sort of thing you need, or you could go to a model shop and ask what those boys use for inline connectors :drool:

Us RC boys use allsorts, have a look here http://ashtekelectronics.com/store/power-c...rs-c-26_28.html

I know the lad that runs that place, good bloke. The tamia style are cheapest and are more than adequate :D

I wouldnt use hte Tamiya connectors. Use corrally Gold (bullet style) connectors, much more efficiant and can take alot mroe current before welding themselves together.