decent hide poles?

Gizza22196

there was a hide pole thread the other week , the general consensus was that it is hard to better the ukshootwarehouse ones , you get a 5% discount from being a PW member too !

Think they are around £40 minus your discount.

Edited by fenboy

i have seen them and the are a similar design to the ones ive just binned, the problem is, the ground i shoot on is VERY hard and they seemed to snap off just below the kick plate

the jack pyke ones look a better design, are they any good?

if they are then it will be the first thing jack pyke I have come across that is , the ukshootwarehouse ones have a solid metal spike that extends up the pole past the kick plate so they are super strong the kick plate on others is bolted through the tube making it weak.

Edited by fenboy

I have the jack pyke ones, good design for most ground but lack quality.

The thumb screws are plastic and feel like they are going to snap(don't over tighten them) and the plastic hook on the top knocks out easily, this can be sorted with haroldite.

I paid £35 for mine a few weeks ago, the carry bag is good quality and plenty of room for a couple of bouncer poles.

As the carry bag is quite wide and camo, a couple of times I have pegged it across the top of one side of the hide between 2 poles as a sun block when the sun is in my eyes from the side.

29092012083.jpg

my new ones. 2 short 30 inches for the front, 2 x 60 inches for the back/sides.

screw into anything, even frozen ground!

Hi Stu

Nice net setup there, you have a 2 ply Stealth net, but you have doubled up on the inside / bottom with another net....What type is that one ?

Cheers

Simon

Hi Stu

Nice net setup there, you have a 2 ply Stealth net, but you have doubled up on the inside / bottom with another net....What type is that one ?

Cheers

Simon

not sure to be honest, bought it off a pw member. its a realtree pattern on a type of

artificial cloth. not very tough but very light and ideal to hide your movements

in the lower part of your hide. used to use a piece of old net on the lower part,

but that got knicked with my hide poles :mad:

they are dinsmore syndicate (xt) bank sticks.

found them on ebay as most fishing shops dont have them.

they even come with a tommy bar to fit through the pole for winding into real tuff stuff.

beats ripping the under layer of skin on your hands as i do most times.

thats how much force you can put into them!!

Edited by stu nesling