how to get more money for your gun?

bunnybasher84

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how to get more money for your firearm when selling it. It appears I've lost my permission (through no foul play) it appears I've been over looked on the annual renewal of permission letters issued to shooters and since it was my only permission it's game over.

Anyway is it better to strip the gun down ie. Scope, bipod, sling? Or just sell it as a whole.

Look forward to your replys.

Cheers.

depends on what it is ? and how quickly do you want to sell it ?. it basically depends if you have good quality gear it probably pay you to split the items, but although you might get more money in the end it make take a bit longer to sell it all. People are always looking for good quality gear and reasonable prices

it appears I've been over looked on the annual renewal of permission letters issued to shooters and since it was my only permission it's game over.

Have you contacted the landowner to see if it was just an oversight or is there more to it?

Always a good idea to be able to get other permissions, things change over time and i always try and think ahead about what guns i hold and which i have adequate reason to hold. i should certainly speak to the place you hold consent if only to keep up your ticket prior to finding new grounds or additional ground.

I might add i have in the past and will continue to loose any firearm i am not using or requiring, even giving up my ticket for a period and then re-applying a couple of years later when my work life had calmed down again. I did keep up the shooting via sunday morn FT shooting in this time BTW

Join a club until you can sort out some permission ?

Harder with a HMR, its outside of many range restictions and non expanding aint easy to get

is your FAC up for renewal?

I am not aware of any reason to notify the FLO about change of permissions until it is up for renewal.

unless YOU want to sell I would keep it.

But yes, splitting it will get you more money.

I often buy rifles with scopes, mods, slings etc and sell everything except the rifle. usually means the rifle ends up being either free or very cheap!

is your FAC up for renewal?

I am not aware of any reason to notify the FLO about change of permissions until it is up for renewal.

unless YOU want to sell I would keep it.

But yes, splitting it will get you more money.

I often buy rifles with scopes, mods, slings etc and sell everything except the rifle. usually means the rifle ends up being either free or very cheap!

I entirely agree with the first three lines of this post. Always a good idea to do nothing if in doubt.

Edited by Cumbrian

Going in a police van?

Go see rob the *** down the road.. Everyone and his goats on his land. There's plenty of farms to shoot round that way as well. Just gotta fill the car up and get knocking.

Can always come out with me, my lands all cleared (if your still on a closed ticket)