Will Garfit’s new book

A very good book & entertaining. He is very succesfull, perhaps the most succesfull pigeon shooter in the country.I asked myself what does he do different from me, apart from shooting 0000's more pigeon! The answers are there, clearly laid out, but I will have to retire before I can devote that much time & energy to shoot pigeons. Still, I can dream! :lookaround:

• 6 months later...

Just been lent a copy of Will Garfit’s new book on pigeon shooting, at a quick glance the text is very easy reading with some nice pictures showing what equipment a very successful pigeon shooter has to hand.

Has any body read it right though if so what did you think?

TEH

That'll be handy for many on here! :whistling:

I am currently reading the kindle version , to be honest I have so far found it much the same as most other pigeon shooting books I have read.

I guess it really comes down to how experienced you are as to how much you can take from the book, not that I know everything of course.

A very good book & entertaining. He is very succesfull, perhaps the most succesfull pigeon shooter in the country.I asked myself what does he do different from me, apart from shooting 0000's more pigeon! The answers are there, clearly laid out, but I will have to retire before I can devote that much time & energy to shoot pigeons. Still, I can dream! :lookaround:

I doubt that the way he goes about things differs greatly from many pigeon shooters on this forum. As you've said, he probably can devote more time than most of us and he can pick the best times to go shooting.

Saying that, you've still got to shoot them. Peter Theobald told me he is the best pigeon shot he has ever seen, so he is obviously a very good shot.

looks a good read ,said to wife to get it for birthday

and she said does reading a pigeon shooting book make you a better pigeon shooter

i said any tips or edvice would help why?

she said i have a book you can read then its called 50 shades of gray :no:

Neither Will Garfitt nor Archie Coats before him knew any more than a lot of pigeon shooters on this forum. They were both keen, to a point of obsession, but their advantages were (or are in the case of Garfitt) that they had/have a lot of land to shoot over and they were /are time rich. Shooting abilities come into it certainly but neither Coats nor Garfitt had to wait for the weekend to come round to go shooting and they could therefore go at the optimum time.

A book by Pigeon Controller from this forum would be better than either of theirs.

Neither Will Garfitt nor Archie Coats before him knew any more than a lot of pigeon shooters on this forum. They were both keen, to a point of obsession, but their advantages were (or are in the case of Garfitt) that they had/have a lot of land to shoot over and they were /are time rich. Shooting abilities come into it certainly but neither Coats nor Garfitt had to wait for the weekend to come round to go shooting and they could therefore go at the optimum time.

A book by Pigeon Controller from this forum would be better than either of theirs.

That'a a DAMNED GOOD IDEA!

Well

Having now read the book I can say its ok but really did not teach me anything I did not know .

He seems to repeat himself quite a lot .

There are several recipes included which are handy

He does seem a remarkably good shot he talks about 217 with a slab of cartridges and from memory 100 without a miss so no doubt that plays a large part in the big days he has had.

So to sum up , if you are a experienced shooter this book is not going to make you shoot more pigeon , it may be a decent read for a newbie though.