Sako Quad

^mimic^

Purchased one a few weeks back... top gun, use the .17 barrel. Has a nice trigger on it although i do prefer quite a light trigger so had a fiddle with my one. Very light gun and nicely balanced. You want one? Theres one going on the bbs forum i think. Paid £440 for my one.

Gibby

Purchased one a few weeks back... top gun, use the .17 barrel. Has a nice trigger on it although i do prefer quite a light trigger so had a fiddle with my one. Very light gun and nicely balanced. You want one? Theres one going on the bbs forum i think. Paid £440 for my one.

Gibby

I can get one new for 420... with the one barrel but its the scope i want to know about apparently there is a scope thats been designed for this gun with 4 sets of calibration settings, one for each barrel?

is the trigger two stage? How have you been getting on with yours any jams or other problems with the eject?

Thats a good price... Nope no problems with the ejecting, sends em flying.

No its a single stage trigger but a nice one. As for the scope, the burris one, it looks to compicated for me, you could have the same thing with a normal scope, just write down how many clicks you change when you change the barrel and you got the same thing at no extra cost, i did look at the scope and i thought it was a hell of alot of money for what it is.

Gibby

No its a single stage trigger but a nice one. As for the scope, the burris one, it looks to compicated for me, you could have the same thing with a normal scope, just write down how many clicks you change when you change the barrel and you got the same thing at no extra cost, i did look at the scope and i thought it was a hell of alot of money for what it is.

Gibby

Ah **** so you do actually have to recall for each barrel... ****** they gave the impression the scope did it for you....

And no two stage trigger hmmm when you its nice what kind of setup is it does it have two clicks? or just the single? any adjustment?

Gibby

Ah **** so you do actually have to recall for each barrel... ****** they gave the impression the scope did it for you....

And no two stage trigger hmmm when you its nice what kind of setup is it does it have two clicks? or just the single?

single..... just a plain trigger.... hense the name :blink:

Gibby

And no two stage trigger hmmm when you its nice what kind of setup is it does it have two clicks? or just the single?

single..... just a plain trigger.... hense the name :drinks:

Ah nuts :blink: can it be upgraded?

will the Brookes kit fit it?

Buy a quality rifle new for near half a grand and have to rip out the trigger mech straight away :blink:

No the brookies kit is for a CZ, most sako owners would be pretty insulted if you even suggested the CZ and Sako had anything in common.

My point is if you look at the sako centerfire range they have always offered several trigger options (normally single set triggers) as a factory installed option. It may be they offer something similar for the Quad (although i wouldnt hold your breath)

will the Brookes kit fit it?

Buy a quality rifle new for near half a grand and have to rip out the trigger mech straight away :blink:

No the brookies kit is for a CZ, most sako owners would be pretty insulted if you even suggested the CZ and Sako had anything in common.

My point is if you look at the sako centerfire range they have always offered several trigger options (normally single set triggers) as a factory installed option. It may be they offer something similar for the Quad (although i wouldnt hold your breath)

They better!!

give the single stage unit a go, they are really very good. And the CZ's have what effectively becomes a single stage trigger once you have fitted the brooks kit.

Weihrauch HW60/66 have 2 stage triggers

Ok one last question how does the accuracy compare between the two? cz & sako , and does it look like a fence post with a moderator cus i noticed they only do it with the 22 inch barrel

Anyone have a picture of their sako quad with a moderator fitted?

Axe will have a picture of a sako with mod.

You can always have your gun cut down, recrowned and re proofed which shouldnt cost much more than £60-80.

CZ's can shoot very very well, their barrels are very good, however if you want consistant accuracy go with the sako finfire (i know a few quad owners who complain of shifting zero'd when they remove and replace the moderators)

Cz's are very good for what you pay, but unless you are willing to mess around with pilar bedding, floating glass bedding amoungst other things, they will not turn in the reliable accuracy that a sako finfire will.

I can say this as i have a cz :blink: but wouldnt swap it for the world.

OH no you don't want to cut it up or do anything to it, leave it as god intended, trigger is gritty as are all of them even at, the lightest setting, use eley subs and it will give you no trouble use winchesters and you'd better carry a knife or grow your finger nails, heard that the quad barrels are match grade barrels and that is why the rifle lands are machined so close , (explains why they are so accurate too), put thousands of rounds through mine and it is still the most accurate rifile I have ever owned, and I've owned a few ( a few mingers too), burris scope is a joke , my mate bought 1 and even with all the colour coded nonscence they do not return to perfect zero everytime, so what is the point , grit your teeth hide your next months credit card statement from the wife and by a hungarian 8x56 SB and be done with it , nobody would buy a burris scope before what makes people think an air rifile scope is going to do it now.

In all honesty once you put the 17 hmr barrel on you will never use the .22 again anyway, they really are a lot of gun for the money.

cz's look like fenceposts perform like fenceposts , fencepost would be more accurate, taks it out of the sleeve evryone says had one of them , take a quad out of the sleeve evevryone says "what is that"

take a quad out of the sleeve evevryone says "what is that".........

you say an overpriced gimmicky bit of tat that must be good cos I've just splurged the thick end of £500.

any of the guns today will outperform the shooter, buy a cz and splurge on decent glass up top.

at 200 yards the cost of your rifle won't be a factor but seeing the target is the decider :angry:

take a quad out of the sleeve evevryone says "what is that".........

you say an overpriced gimmicky bit of tat that must be good cos I've just splurged the thick end of £500.

any of the guns today will outperform the shooter, buy a cz and splurge on decent glass up top.

at 200 yards the cost of your rifle won't be a factor but seeing the target is the decider :angry:

And if i may add .........ammunition ,or putting it bluntly consistancy of powder primer and bullet wieghts ....the .17 ain't no 200 yd cartridge IMO but I agree with the above As i have the CZ Varmint which is superb btw :no: