Sako Quad

^mimic^

Ive, have you tried the .17HMR at 200 yards, just curious to compare results.

Sub 1" at 100 yds and 3"+ at 180yds ( furthest I ve ever shot this calibre ) the majority going in and around a 3" group but alot of flyers outside that.

I have a idea you had a good session at Bisley :yes:

Here is a 5 shot group of hornadies at 100 yds taken to-day

post-1945-1159197392.jpg

Ive, yes I did have a good session at Bisley. Certainly confidence building anyway. I didnt have anyone to spot me but the markers were showing a consistent group all within the centre ring of a bisley target, on the short siberia 200yard range. I am told the centre ring is 2-3" accross so that made the groupings about 1.75"-2.5". I actually shot the markers off the targets a couple of times. To say I was pleased is an understatement. :yes: Its just a pitty I couldnt get to see the target to measure the groups correctly, 2" inch may be way off.

Ive, yes I did have a good session at Bisley. Certainly confidence building anyway. I didnt have anyone to spot me but the markers were showing a consistent group all within the centre ring of a bisley target, on the short siberia 200yard range. I am told the centre ring is 2-3" accross so that made the groupings about 1.75"-2.5". I actually shot the markers off the targets a couple of times. To say I was pleased is an understatement. ;) Its just a pitty I couldnt get to see the target to measure the groups correctly, 2" inch may be way off.

Axe

Did you hold over ?

Do you know the exact dia of the centre bull beacause if you don't I'm sure dunganick does .

How many shots did you fire ?..........And my betting it was remmington ammo :lol: .

My opinions are'nt just my own with this calibre but shared by some of the chaps who post on here when we shot on a range to-gether btw :lol:

Still not taking anyting away from you but a average 2" group lying prone is good shooting ,well done :yes:

Ive, yes I did have a good session at Bisley. Certainly confidence building anyway. I didnt have anyone to spot me but the markers were showing a consistent group all within the centre ring of a bisley target, on the short siberia 200yard range. I am told the centre ring is 2-3" accross so that made the groupings about 1.75"-2.5". I actually shot the markers off the targets a couple of times. To say I was pleased is an understatement. :blink: Its just a pitty I couldnt get to see the target to measure the groups correctly, 2" inch may be way off.

Axe

Did you hold over ?

Do you know the exact dia of the centre bull beacause if you don't I'm sure dunganick does .

How many shots did you fire ?..........And my betting it was remmington ammo :good: .

My opinions are'nt just my own with this calibre but shared by some of the chaps who post on here when we shot on a range to-gether btw :oops:

Still not taking anyting away from you but a average 2" group lying prone is good shooting ,well done :good:

Yes I did hold over, on 14x mag it was exactly one mildot where I am normally zero'd at 100 yards. I am not sure exactly how much hold over this gives, i'm sure point blank will be fairly close on this.

In total I shot 50 rounds of Remmington 17gr V-Max, I assume you find Remmington to be more consistant because you were spot on the money with that one.

I certainly do not doubt your opinion and value anything you have to offer, after all, it would be foolish of me to ignore any member with alot more experience than myself. What works for one doesnt mean it works for another and this is all to often the case with rifles. Something we all learn in time.

I still havent found out the target size yet but SL (who was there) agrees on the V Bull being 2 1/4". I am trying to find out from the range office at Bisley and will let you know as soon as.

The day was very calm and gusts were minimal until later on in the day. I had 2 fliers and pulled the shot on 3 more and when the wind did eventually pick up, the 3 rounds shot during the wind went right about 4-5" but still grouped consistently.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I certainly had a good day. The best part though, knowing that I and the rifle can do it, so the next time I miss :good: i'll only have myself to blame. :blush:

I use Hornady but the remmies group just as well albeit one inch to the right of the Hornady's for some reason . :blush:

My local RFD charges the following

Hornady £10.65 per box

Remmington £11.95 per box :blink:

Are you running a fouled barrel ?

I have changed my school of thought in this area :good:

I know I don't and I can honestly say the tightness of groups opens up after 50 or so rounds but the varmint barrel is no way over hot ,May be a clean barrel and I could achieve better consistancy over longer ranges . :good:

Incidently I never use a bronze brush now ,it's this action thats throws every thing off with the first few shots ...........Only a jag ,patch and butches bore shine(NO OIL ) and from experience i find this procedure does not affect zero with the first shots ..............Works on my .223 as well :good:

Ive, I usually clean the barrel with just a patch and a drop of 009. This is run through after 100-150 rounds. To be perfectly honest, I have not found it makes much difference but then I don't normally use it on a range. A despatched rabbit is a despatched rabbit. When the HMR rounds become more freely available again I will spend a bit more time on the range and find out once and for all, what the rifle likes best.

Incidentally I pay £8.50 for a box of 50 Remmingtons.

100yds measure with a range finder flat calm not a breath of wind laid prone of bypod :yp: :lol::)

target007.jpg

For some reason picture not working :o?:lol:?:lol:?:lol:?:lol:?:lol:?;)???

Damn mate thats good going :) I take it thats hmr though?

Yes HMR all 4 shots could be covered by a £1 coin nice tight group..... :D:D