What is the best shooting ground you have visited...?

Bigamos

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to many to be perfectly honest but Sporting Targets looked pretty good to me. Great club house, varied stands, good gun room, golf carts to get around in if you're that way inclined and impeccably maintained.

Cos

Edited by Cosd

For friendliest, to me it has to be blyton or fair clay Norfolk, (Alan who does the flushes), there the only places I've been but very welcoming and good places to shoot. Never been to the top grounds to shoot, but when I went, they all seem stuck up and snobby. Can't be doing with that sort, thinking there better then everyone else.

Hodnet, Grimsthorpe, Orston, High Lodge and North Wolds, all places I have enjoyed the targets at in recent years. In the past I have enjoyed Mid Norfolk, West London (fedecat shoots) Sandringham and of course Newnham Park. I only really go to grounds that put on good targets, that way the averages are not artificial ;-)

As said before, Hodnet for sporting. Ill throw another in the mix too in Dovey Valley. they dont do open shoots i think now but up there with hodnet on the ground they have and a shame they dont use it.

Ah Dovey Valley, in the news at the moment for the wrong reasons.( the area not the ground). but they certainly used to put some awesome targets on there. If my memory serves me well there is a plaque on the gang hut wall to say that Carl Bloxham hit a 90 yard + teal from the spot.from Auntie. Edited by 100milesaway

The best ground I like is Hodnet (wmsg) great layout, stands can be varied to what ever level is required from learner to holding national competicions. Open at the moment (winter season) on Tues afternoons for turn up and shoot skeet and guided sporting layout. Other times need to equire with them or look on their calender for events and and other days laid on.

For turn up and have ago any time except Mon & Tues (not checked recently if ground still closed on these days) Doveridge again have stands from beginer onwards, though last few times I went stands had not been changed around (could of altered as been a while since I last went).

Edited by BerettaSV10