Any fishermen in northeast

mad1

hi all I have a bit of a long shot here but it's worth a shot ??

my son has been asking about me taking him fishing ?? But I have never fished in25+ years ( I was no good at it then !!) so would I be able to fetch my son out with anyone to pick up some hints and tips if poss. The last thing I want to do is go out all the gear and no idea and pull a fishes face off !!!!! ... I don't have any fishing gear at all so I would also be on lookout for anything cheap ( just incase it's a 5 min fad !?!) many thanks for reading this

If you wanted I would be able to poss swap for a day on pigeons or a night or so out on lamp

Hi mate,

What you looking at Sea or course fishing?If its course fishing, get yourselves up to the Angel fisheries (angel of the north Gateshead),You can hire gear & tuition,they have a crackin starter pond, with some fairly large carp ect.Word of warning though once your hooked its like shooting 'the spening never stops'. But a hell of away to spend a summers day.And as far as gear goes you dont need anything too expensive, just learn how to balance your tackle. It took the son 20 minutes to land this one.

Edited by Davyo

We fish from April through to end of September. alternative weeks fish one.shoot one & then shoot a ferret from Oct to end of March.You are more than welcome to bring your son along (he can borrow our tackle,poles ect ) and see if he likes it.I would not accept anything in return just offering as my sons get so much enjoyment out of it & we get to go to different fisheries throughout the uk(poss a bit too cold at the moment for your son, but pm me in April & i can sort out a session at my local fishery EDEN MEADOWS nr Trimdon.Regarding Robson Green, my youngest son Ben(6yrs) loves Mat Hayes,one day out fishing he kept saying "dad your doing it all wrong. Mat does it this way & Mat does it that way", i got fed up and said "BEN is he you hero or something" to wich his reply was " dont be silly dad he can't fly, PRICELESS.

Edited by Davyo

That would be brilliant thanks for the offer about going out in April !

Im looking forward to spending time with him just so we can talk ( quietly ) as he's had a rough few months at school recently as he's having a few problems with the other kids as he's coming to terms with being dyslexic

Sent you PM about rods etc.

If it's just fishing and not about big fish then I normally go to either Blyth or Roker and litterally fish over the side with light tackle and catch small whiting and coalies just for the sport. They all go back of course! Last trip to blyth I caught 15 in just under 2 hours.

I have been lucky enough to hook LOBSTERS when at Roker pier. 3 trips in a row! Couldn't believe it.

Coarse season ended on sep 30th and will not re open until march. There are exceptions to this at certain fisheries and some places for Pike etc.

With the Sea cooling for winter and the rough weather the Cod should show soon.

If you wanted to give sea fishing a bash I could perhaps make plans for a trip out?

hi all I have a bit of a long shot here but it's worth a shot ??

my son has been asking about me taking him fishing ?? But I have never fished in25+ years ( I was no good at it then !!) so would I be able to fetch my son out with anyone to pick up some hints and tips if poss. The last thing I want to do is go out all the gear and no idea and pull a fishes face off !!!!! ... I don't have any fishing gear at all so I would also be on lookout for anything cheap ( just incase it's a 5 min fad !?!) many thanks for reading this

If you wanted I would be able to poss swap for a day on pigeons or a night or so out on lamp

Hello again,

met you a couple of wks ago when I bought air tool.off you.

I do loads of beach fishing in the winter and also got plenty of spare gear so if you wanted a look oot nee bother mate.

Sent you PM about rods etc.

If it's just fishing and not about big fish then I normally go to either Blyth or Roker and litterally fish over the side with light tackle and catch small whiting and coalies just for the sport. They all go back of course! Last trip to blyth I caught 15 in just under 2 hours.

I have been lucky enough to hook LOBSTERS when at Roker pier. 3 trips in a row! Couldn't believe it.

Coarse season ended on sep 30th and will not re open until march. There are exceptions to this at certain fisheries and some places for Pike etc.

With the Sea cooling for winter and the rough weather the Cod should show soon.

If you wanted to give sea fishing a bash I could perhaps make plans for a trip out?

I agree fishing on blyth pier for whiting using light tackle is cracking fun. Roker pier isn't the only place for lobsters I've had quite a few from blyth. Also had some good sized crabs.

Hello again,

met you a couple of wks ago when I bought air tool.off you.

I do loads of beach fishing in the winter and also got plenty of spare gear so if you wanted a look oot nee bother mate.

Hi m8 thanks for the offer that would be brilliant !! Lord Geordie has give me some rods too !!!!

Ps: how's the impact driver doing ?? I also found out a flat bed sander if you want it ??

M1

• 2 weeks later...

In the season I support a commercial skipper out of Hartlepool and he duly keeps me over the Ling. Im always looking for a single or a double spot so any skippers on here want to pm me if they are short then please do.

If your getting back into fishing on land then the larger resevoirs like Derwent can offer great fly or bait fishing. Bait fishing maybe suits the bairns more, and with a larger resevoir you can spread your kit out a bit and make a day of it, the trout make their way round quite periodically so you will hit more than less.

A tip for South, Bewl Water on fly is fantastic, on foot its a great full day treck round, take the dog. The great thing about Bewl water, you can even take your dog in a boat!!! Be carefull if you fish on foot, on a sunny day when your half way round and stopping to fish on bends etc, you can easily forget the distance back to the start, its easy done.

If the kids are there take their bikes, the cycle track goes all way around and takes in some Oast Houses and light hills. Its a great place.

Edited by Roundhead1649