PW Butchery Night part 2

Cosd

Following the huge success of last years butchery night I wanted to get an idea of interest to see if I could organise another one, hopefully one evening next month. The probable nights will be a Sunday or Monday.

The venue is yet to be finalised, but initial thoughts are for the event to be held in St Albans as it was last year.

Collin Lad who is a fellow PW member and resident butcher did a magnificent job in demonstrating his butchering skills at the last event, and has kindly accepted to do it all over again for us.

Even if you attended the first meet, this night will be different in that Collin will be demonstrating the preperation of the meats for alternative cooking such as venison sausages and various meat curing methods.

An exact agenda will follow once the details are finalised, but to give you an idea, the night will go as follows:

Meet up at venue (probably a pub which will be exclusive to us for the night)

Have drinks

Mix, mingle, talk about shooting, fast cars, fast women, aching backs arthritis and going bald

Watch a demonstration master class on how to butcher and prepare various meats, such as deer, rabbit, possibly game etc

Hands on competition to seperate the men from the boys

Have a meal prepared for us by the venues' chef/s

More drinks

Close and go home if the missus or boyfriend lets you back in.

As it was last year, this meet will be dependant on volunteers to offer to donate an item or two of your hard earned quarry, this will be used for the butchery demonstration as well as for the meal.

Last year saw Stealth Stalker and Pelty donate 2 fallow deer, and others some rabbits, pigeons etc.

This keeps the cost down for all and allowed last years price to be £5 per person which included the demonstration, food and venue (not drinks). This year's cost will  be finalised once agreed with the venue.

So, who's interested in attending, and who will be kind enough to donate items of quary

The numbers will be limited, so get your names down if you'd be interested.

I will report back with exact detail and format following a meeting with the venue owners.

Cos

Edited by Cosd

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was getting nods of approval from some of the herts massive today after our converstaion Cos, so count us in, i,ll have a word with the pub, & try an gee up Beardo to get his (Pw moderator head on!!!) to swing things at the pub.

For those that don,t know it will be held at the Foragers Arms St albans