aa decoys flapper

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two AA turbo flappers with timers and they're brilliant though I only really need one I bought a second because I would be lost if the first one broke (which it hasn't).

Very easy to carry and removes the need for a rotary a lot of the time which is great if you've a long way to go to where you're setting up or are carrying a lot of dead birds back to the motor.

Best £50 you can spend on decoying I reckon.

• 5 weeks later...

must admit to at first finding the AA turbo flapper to be good value and I posted the same!! however on its first "proper" day IE a full day as they were coming in big time all day! its internal linkage system basically dropped to bits? so now I am contemplating another of the same type but seemingly more reliable, although a tad more expensive .

KW

must admit to at first finding the AA turbo flapper to be good value and I posted the same!! however on its first "proper" day IE a full day as they were coming in big time all day! its internal linkage system basically dropped to bits? so now I am contemplating another of the same type but seemingly more reliable, although a tad more expensive .

KW

Isn't the construction the same then?

To be honest my AA Turboflapper is important enough to me to have bought a spare but I've never needed it in 2yrs of regular use. The pair didn't cost much more than those others are for one.

Can also give the big thumbs up to AA Decoys turbo flapper, I reckon I have had mine in use for about 300 hours or more and never had a problem with it or the battery from the same people. Crackin piece of kit and highly reliable.

One tip is to make sure you watch a vid on how to mount the birds wings on them as I was putting my birds on the obvious way and they kept coming off but when a friend showed me the proper method they stay on all day (8 hours).

here you go they both are identical regardless of people who payed an extra £30 and think the more expensive one is faster well they aint as my mate bought one and we compared them and theres no difference regarding reliablity or pulling power.

this is how to set it up properly, (watch the wing bit)

KW

Im sure if this ws the case that Andy at AA Decoys would sort it as there is nothing really that can break as linkage is held together with lock washers

here you go they both are identical regardless of people who payed an extra £30 and think the more expensive one is faster well they aint as my mate bought one and we compared them and theres no difference regarding reliablity or pulling power.

this is how to set it up properly, (watch the wing bit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHDnZ4mMtys

Im sure if this ws the case that Andy at AA Decoys would sort it as there is nothing really that can break as linkage is held together with lock washers

are you sure? I will dig it out and take a pic, one of the plastic connectors broke off at its neck

KW

Edited by kdubya

Only plastic bit i can think of is the bit that connects to the motor shaft, Im sure Andy would send you the part for next to nothing and a few spare of the locking washers to put it back together. It is like a very basic meccano toy and I honestly think yours has been a one off and maybe you forgot to break the wings or something which would put strain on the plastic part. Get it dug out and we'll get it sorted :)

I managed to buy one of the Originally Designed Rotor-coy / A1 Decoy Turbo Flappers from one of their 99p Start price eBay auctions.

I was lucky enough to win it for £42 + p+p.

The build quality is really good, with a nice Powder Coat finish.

Not had chance to try it out in the field yet, but it looks like it should be reliable.

Maybe A1 should drop their price to £60/70 to be closer to their competitors AA who copied their design.

I managed to buy one of the Originally Designed Rotor-coy / A1 Decoy Turbo Flappers from one of their 99p Start price eBay auctions.

I was lucky enough to win it for £42 + p+p.

The build quality is really good, with a nice Powder Coat finish.

Not had chance to try it out in the field yet, but it looks like it should be reliable.

Maybe A1 should drop their price to £60/70 to be closer to their competitors AA who copied their design.

The whole argument about who copied who could go on forever but main thing is that AA is cheaper and works just as well as anything else on the market.

Only plastic bit i can think of is the bit that connects to the motor shaft, Im sure Andy would send you the part for next to nothing and a few spare of the locking washers to put it back together. It is like a very basic meccano toy and I honestly think yours has been a one off and maybe you forgot to break the wings or something which would put strain on the plastic part. Get it dug out and we'll get it sorted :)

forgot to break the wings ? give your head a shake got three standard flappers from shoot warehouse been doing it long enough,

they aint broke yet :hmm:

KW

forgot to break the wings ? give your head a shake got three standard flappers from shoot warehouse been doing it long enough,

they aint broke yet :hmm:

KW

everybody can forget from time to time ;) perhaps you can open it and fix it since your smart enough not to make mistakes :)

Edited by Mr Rizzini

everybody can forget from time to time ;) perhaps you can open it and fix it since your smart enough not to make mistakes :)

I have opened it without the plastic drive that has sheared its nowt but a box of bits, and not 50 quids worth of bits at that

KW

contact Andy and ask him to send you a new part.

Its constructed the same as the ones at £80 +

Seems common sense to me that if you buy something and first time out it falls apart you contact the place or persons you bought it from.

Or am I missing something here. Just on the verge of buying one of these flappers me self. And yeah probably not 50 quids worth of parts, but labour marketing postage and vat all take there toll........

Karpman

Seems common sense to me that if you buy something and first time out it falls apart you contact the place or persons you bought it from.

Or am I missing something here. Just on the verge of buying one of these flappers me self. And yeah probably not 50 quids worth of parts, but labour marketing postage and vat all take there toll........

Karpman

I very much doubt you will have a problem, they are the best pigeon shooting accessory that money can buy in my opinion and like anything else will have a years guarantee.

simple answer buy a A1 decoys turbo in the first place then your not buying twice

why would you pay the extra £80 when you can get the same for £45? If it broke shortly after getting it then karpman is right you should have phoned and got it sorted. I have had mine out at least twice a week for 6 months and its as good as the day I got it.

simple answer buy a A1 decoys turbo in the first place then your not buying twice

All the people that got robbed with the extra £30+ must be trying to convince themselves they got a good deal lol

Sorry lads you got the same flapper only more expensive :good: , I may start making one the same and charging £150 and perhaps people will think mine is the best :hmm:

well i can only go off my own experience of the A1 turbo flapper and nearly 2 years down the line i also have never had a problem with it and works as good as the day i bought it, so i ain,t trying to convince meself a did the right thing i know i did

Thats ok mate you did do the right thing and if your happy with it and after having it 2 years it owes you nothing :) I just wouldn't want anyone put of buying the cheaper AA decoy version as I bought mine with a battery, timer and had it posted to N Ireland for £50-£60 all in and its still going strong.

Edited by Mr Rizzini