aa decoys flapper

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

each to there own if people are happy with what they bought everyones happy :good:

Only ones thats not happy with both the AA and A1 flappers are the pigeons when they approach them, Although I have had a hawk or two trying to lift mine :(

I have bought seats, cartridges, case's, nets, decoys and so on only to find out that sometimes the cheaper stuff does do the job.

Edited by Mr Rizzini

end of the day they are all just pieces of equipment that work some a little better than others, i paid £50 for a rotary 7 years ago it still works fine it does the same job as a rotary that would cost twice the price

the main reason i bought the A1 turbo is because the AA decoys one wasn,t on the market at the time because they copied the A1 turbo afterwards, otherwise i would of gone for the AA one at the time of buying a flapper, but still happy with what i bought

Edited by yickdaz

Same as my AA one. I honestly think they are one and the same.

I thought that, and posted to that effect but believe me they aint., yes the AA works well when running but even the mount and spike are flimsy in comparison to the A1 not going to argue if the quality improvement of the A1 is worth another 30 quid, but I will be getting another turbo flapper as they do work, and I am prepared to pay the extra, I will dig the bits out this week ( my garage is a tip at the moment due to a house move) and post a pic of the broken plastic bit/ bits, as soon as I can.

KW

Edited by kdubya

I thought that, and posted to that effect but believe me they aint., yes the AA works well when running but even the mount and spike are flimsy in comparison to the A1 not going to argue if the quality improvement of the A1 is worth another 30 quid, but I will be getting another turbo flapper as they do work, and I am prepared to pay the extra, I will dig the bits out this week ( my garage is a tip at the moment due to a house move) and post a pic of the broken plastic bit/ bits, as soon as I can.

KW

How have you got on with taking a photo of the broken bits or more importantly phoning AA Decoys for some replacement bits / spares ?

+1

will sort a pic at the weekend its peeing down and blowing a gale here and as I have just moved into a new house the garage is a dumping ground at the minute, it at the moment holds the contents of two large sheds and a loft ( ex old house)

KW

well got the pics but first I would like to give a big thanks to the joker who made me sort this lot out 1st? ( mind it needed doing :drool: ) still a few hours later it had started to look a bit more managable

DSC_0026-1.jpg[/img]

DSC_0027-1.jpg[/img]

Edited by kdubya

Here are the pics of the broken linkage note it broke off at the cam/servo arm only plastic bit in but still a weak point and yes before another member from billy smarts asks! the wings were broken before use

DSC_0030.jpgDSC_0031-1.jpg

Just looked at mine and the linkage on the motor shaft is plastic too. It's been fine for two years now and has seen a lot of use.

Why didn't you just get them to replace it ???

+1, The plastic bit would only snap if it had some sort of strain on it either from not having it greased or it being jammed up with feathers. Also not breaking the wings would be the greatest strain on it, As said before I reckon andy would have no problems sorting out the part for you and I dont understand why you wouldn't contact the seller at the time when you had not long bought it.

Heres Andy's number :AA Decoys 07973 40085207973 40085207973 40085207973 40085207973 400852 07973 400852

well got the pics but first I would like to give a big thanks to the joker who made me sort this lot out 1st? ( mind it needed doing :drool: ) still a few hours later it had started to look a bit more managable

DSC_0026-1.jpg[/img]

DSC_0027-1.jpg[/img]

That was a mess, but wow what a difference you have made to it !

Do you fancy coming over & talking my garage? :-)

Here are the pics of the broken linkage note it broke off at the cam/servo arm only plastic bit in but still a weak point and yes before another member from billy smarts asks! the wings were broken before use

DSC_0030.jpgDSC_0031-1.jpg

Shame the motor rotor/cam isn't made completely out of brass !

Should be a simple 2 screw job to replace (grub screw+setscrew with nylock nut), once you have been sent a new one from AA Decoys.

Even if you have to pay for it it shouldn't be any more than a couple of pounds.

While you are on the phone to him, can you ask him how much a spare one would be - handy to keep just in case.

Or does anyone know if they are available in maplins or other hardware shops ?

That was a mess, but wow what a difference you have made to it !

Do you fancy coming over & talking my garage? :-)

some job on the garage, looked like you had i lot of broken stuff in first pic

perhaps if the linkage jams under stress its a good idea that the plastic breaks rather than motor burn out.