aa decoys flapper

some job on the garage, looked like you had i lot of broken stuff in first pic

perhaps if the linkage jams under stress its a good idea that the plastic breaks rather than motor burn out.

Motor burn out, that's why I started the Thread the other day asking about the protection fuse.

If the motor jammed, it would blow the cheap fuse instead of the expensive motor.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some job on the garage, looked like you had i lot of broken stuff in first pic

perhaps if the linkage jams under stress its a good idea that the plastic breaks rather than motor burn out.

nowt broke to start with believe me got more than a few bobs worth of gear in there, mess was just a result of a move, had to be out of my old house and into the new same day( part ex) and I did not get keys till 11.30 am and mine had to be in by 4pm hence in it went!!

back to the flapper, day it bust had been running for a fair few hours, noticed it had stopped and presumed the battery had ran flat went over to it and it was whirring away merrily but nothing moving? as for not ringing about it have had far to much on my hands and to be truthful felt I would get the same sentiment from them as the smart harrises here IE "you cant of broken the wings"

KW

KW

Edited by kdubya

nowt broke to start with believe me got more than a few bobs worth of gear in there, mess was just a result of a move, had to be out of my old house and into the new same day( part ex) and I did not get keys till 11.30 am and mine had to be in by 4pm hence in it went!!

back to the flapper, day it bust had been running for a fair few hours, noticed it had stopped and presumed the battery had ran flat went over to it and it was whirring away merrily but nothing moving? as for not ringing about it have had far to much on my hands and to be truthful felt I would get the same sentiment from them as the smart harrises here IE "you cant of broken the wings"

KW

KW

your loss mate and certainly not anyone's who is trying to help you, You can't predict what AA decoys will say until you phone them and as for your slightly sarcastic comments, maybe you could have used your time phoning them instead of coming on the forum and spending more time moaning about what the seller might say.

My offer still stands I'll give you a tenner and take a chance that Andy from AA Decoys will send me a new part ;)

whinge over neither AA or A1 got my dosh, went for a beasley job their stuff is IMHO the best :good: so I will stick with what I trust

cheerio

KW

Hi KWGlad you got sorted & purchased a new Flapper of a different make / design.Let us know how you get on with it please.SimonBTW I tried pm'ing you, with similar msg, but I think your inbox is full.

• 1 year later...

Just come across this thread as about to buy a flapper...

I saw AA and A1 Decoy at the show. Wish I'd bought one at the time, now have p&p on top! :oops:

Is the opinion still looking the same a few months on? As in AA Decoy flappers are just as good as A1 Decoy?

atb

Jamie

I've had an AA flapper for over a year and used it numerous times all day with no problems and very happy with it, the magnet stays in the car on most outings now.

Cheers for the info Sam :good:

This battery is the one AA Decoys recommend for the flapper. Has anyone bought this one, and did it last all day?

I appreciate I can call them, which is what I intend to do, but I'd also like to know from users how long they last.

AA Decoy

Battery - 12 Volt, 2.8Ah

"Perfect for flapper machines"

Edited by jam1e