so theoben are gone

team tractor

oh that's a shame. I've always liked their simplicity, but the reports on their customer service and that so many guns seem to be sent out that need fiddling with just to get them usable show there are problems. A buy out by someone perhaps? Would be sad if the Rapid disappeared altogether. As bigman says there are better than standard replacements out there, so it can't be beyond the bounds of possibility that someone will save them and just improve their reliability - and their customer service!

A very big loss if it's allowed to happen in my view :( , remember these were the people who radicalised not only the simple break barrel but also pretty much the whole hunting with pneumatics scene.

On the other hand few will mourn the loss of the next retro silencer that screws onto another silencer that's screwed to another silencer that costs only £225 with a must buy adaptor that costs £48 which is to be named ..........................3Xi - Pulse.

Edited by Hamster

I'm not really surprised, the PCP is a complicated device and users are quite discerning. Not many people would spend that amount of money with a company whose poor customer service is legendary. I bought my Rapid Mk2 directly from Ben Taylor, because he was offering a 10 year warranty on all rifles he sold. Little did I know that 5 years later he would pack in his business, luckily the Rapid has been fine.

Nor me i have always had a theoben i think there the best air riffles,and never let me down in 20 years i have been shooting i think. :good:

you 100 percent right pal, ive a mark 1.had it since new on fac. very very accurate gun. if i could find an fac air rifle better i would change for it, but av,nt in all the years ive owned it..the only thing i ave with it is taking of the bottle to fill it, nothing realy

Personally im not surprised although im saddened to hear this.

Theoben rifles have been nothing short of superb but their Customer Service has certainly let them down as it was dire!

You gotta look after your Customers as they are your "bread and butter"!

If all companies were like Daystate then they would go far wrong!!Brilliant Customer Service!!

Actually of late the customer service was getting better, when I needed the gas ram hose they told me to drop in and collect it, they did not appear overly busy then! That was last week! They were still quoting on Thursday for servicing, I rang up on Friday to get answerphone only and started finding only the answerphone!

Edited by secretagentmole

Actually of late the customer service was getting better, when I needed the gas ram hose they told me to drop in and collect it, they did not appear overly busy then! That was last week! They were still quoting on Thursday for servicing, I rang up on Friday to get answerphone only and started finding only the answerphone!

They probably realised after all these years that they got it wrong!

For me Daystate are by far the best Customer Service!

I didn't think the new stuff was as nicely finished as my older theobens. The blueing didn't seem to have the same lustre and details like the posi-drive type wood screws in the stock. They used to use cap head machine screws. Just things like that, for me, didn't make it as top end products any more. Just my opinion. I wouldn't have bought another new theoben for these reasons, and the poor customer service.

Personally im not surprised although im saddened to hear this.

Theoben rifles have been nothing short of superb but their Customer Service has certainly let them down as it was dire!

You gotta look after your Customers as they are your "bread and butter"!

If all companies were like Daystate then they would go far wrong!!Brilliant Customer Service!!

i 100 percent agree.there after sales are utter ****, yet they make brilliant guns

thanks for that bigman i think ive sussed who you are mate all ive got to say is as martin owns the company and doing so fantastically well in the usa you would have thought he might have put his hand in his pocket to help theoben instead of making us go cap in hand to someone else for help and ultimately go tits up you are all a smart bunch of chaps so go figure his logic maybe you will come to same answer i did 4 years ago anyway onwards and upward and enjoy your sport everyone atb tony

going into administation is very different than recievership, companies that recover from this often end up stronger in the long run

that's very true. I think the problem will be the U.S. sales. If they really are doing well over there, the temptation might be just to pull the plug completely over here and just concentrate on the market across the pond. REALLY hope this doesn't happen. If I had a perfect gun cabinet, there would have to be a Rapid in there. But one that worked. properly. one that didn't need to go back and forth to bits replaced that should have worked properly in the first place.

I went to their stand at the Midland game fare some 10 years ago to enquire about buying a new Rapid 7.

I asked if I could have a look at the one on the stand and was told in a rather off-handed manner .”Yeah, OK”. I looked at it and then raised the rifle to look through the scope up into the big tree next to the stand, and was staggered when the man literally dragged the rifle out of my hands stating that it was dangerous to point the rifle.

I have probably been shooting since before the man was born and was absolutely gob-smacked by his attitude, as I was pointing the damn thing up into the air purposely to make sure I was being seen to be safe.

They lost a sale there that day, and to be honest I never bothered to look at one again.

Can't say I'm surprised that they have gone with the ignorant attitude that they showed to potential customers.

G.M.