Nitesite cradle for JDX990

RangerDave

It clips on and off quite easily, and although acrylic is not that tough, it seems to be adequate for now or until I find something stronger.

With a whole cut in the left side for access to the AV-in jack, and a lining of green baize to stop any scratching, the JDX990 sits nice and snug and wont fall out!

There is another cable to deal with of course (making that 3 now) but if lined up along the left side of the action (for a right handed rifle) and any spare tucked up in the cheek pad pouch with the battery, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Hopefully this will only add a few more seconds of setting up when your getting ready for a shot, but the benefit is you will have only a single press on the JDX to start recording.

Haven't tried it in anger yet, thought you guys might like to see it first?

PS. Steve, have you noticed that the picture from the JDX is stretched slightly width ways? have tried all the options in settings and it stays the same, not sure if this will effect accuracy yet, will keep you posted!

Edited by RangerDave

It clips on and off quite easily, and although acrylic is not that tough, it seems to be adequate for now or until I find something stronger.

With a whole cut in the left side for access to the AV-in jack, and a lining of green baize to stop any scratching, the JDX990 sits nice and snug and wont fall out!

There is another cable to deal with of course (making that 3 now) but if lined up along the left side of the action (for a right handed rifle) and any spare tucked up in the cheek pad pouch with the battery, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Hopefully this will only add a few more seconds of setting up when your getting ready for a shot, but the benefit is you will have only a single press on the JDX to start recording.

Haven't tried it in anger yet, thought you guys might like to see it first?

PS. Steve, have you noticed that the picture from the JDX is stretched slightly width ways? have tried all the options in settings and it stays the same, not sure if this will effect accuracy yet, will keep you posted!

Hi mate. That cradle looks good. I would'nt mind trying to make one like that myself. I have'nt actually tried filming or viewing through my JXD990 yet, as only yesterday, I received the audio/video cable from Amazon. I'll try it out soon though.

Have you any idea on how to get the recorded footage onto a DVD disc or PC?

Steve.

True Blue Petermanship!

Steve, Mine came with a USB cable that you can charge it up from the USB of your pc - and upload to it if you open up "my computer" and find it. There don't seem to be any decent free edit suites for the files though.

I'll be very interested in viewing some of both of your recordings, that device does no good at all with input from a PAL format Watec camera. It's been said elsewhere that the flaring issue is down to it not liking PAL, but fine with NTSC. I have never recommended it on any forum, hope it works for your rigs.

Dunno if you have seen this before:

http://www.youtube.c..._id=Fnzsll0TYMk

Edited by Dave-G

True Blue Petermanship!

Steve, Mine came with a USB cable that you can charge it up from the USB of your pc - and upload to it if you open up "my computer" and find it. There don't seem to be any decent free edit suites for the files though.

I'll be very interested in viewing some of both of your recordings, that device does no good at all with input from a PAL format Watec camera. It's been said elsewhere that the flaring issue is down to it not liking PAL, but fine with NTSC. I have never recommended it on any forum, hope it works for your rigs.

Dunno if you have seen this before:

http://www.youtube.c..._id=Fnzsll0TYMk

Cheers Dave. I'll try mine out later this evening in my back garden. I do hope it works okay. I've got a USB cable as well, but did'nt realise that it can be used for backing up recordings onto the PC. Again, I'll have a crack at it later.

Steve.

Hey Dave.....I already have the badge! ;)

.....and yes, I already have a youtube channel up and running!

Steve, I have an SDHC card reader on my netebook, so it is an easy matter of taking the micro SD card from the JXD, placing it into a card reader that takes that size card, or a SDHC adapter like I have, and copy them straight to PC.

The files play fine with VLC player on my Windows PC (Mac should be the same) but I have no intention of copying them to DVD (as there isn't one on my notebook!)

I think you'd actually be better off saving them on a usb stick from your PC, and if you wish to play them on your TV, plug that into your DVD player, sky box or possibly even your TV (if it has a media player function)

If that fails then it is a simple task to connect your PC, laptop or even your Smartphone to the TV via HDMI, and play the files from there.

That is, if you have any of the above?

;)

Edited by RangerDave

Hey Dave.....I already have the badge! ;)

.....and yes, I already have a youtube channel up and running!

Steve, I have an SDHC card reader on my netebook, so it is an easy matter of taking the micro SD card from the JXD, placing it into a card reader that takes that size card, or a SDHC adapter like I have, and copy them straight to PC.

The files play fine with VLC player on my Windows PC (Mac should be the same) but I have no intention of copying them to DVD (as there isn't one on my notebook!)

I think you'd actually be better off saving them on a usb stick from your PC, and if you wish to play them on your TV, plug that into your DVD player, sky box or possibly even your TV (if it has a media player function)

If that fails then it is a simple task to connect your PC, laptop or even your Smartphone to the TV via HDMI, and play the files from there.

That is, if you have any of the above?

;)

Yes. I think recording onto a SDHC card will save a lot of hassle. I've got a few of the cards here, so I'll get one sorted. I've also got a few USB sticks that will plug into my PC, TV or DVD player. Just waiting for the new AV lead to arrive, then I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the advice.

Steve.