Best wellies

Ryan gun

I tried Le chameau a few years ago but found them quite difficult to get on/off so repaced them with agyle which are very easy to get on/off but they are a little shorter than Chameau, very comfortable but insoles fell to bits after one season, (easily replaced) then after 2 seasons thay satarted letting wet in! I've now got a pair of Musto, very comfortable, very robust sole unit, correct length maybe a little clumsy but, mate had a pair and sole split! So I think I would recommend a pair of good old fashioned Hoods!!

Le chameau are awsome boots I have the zipped ones cost me £200 3 years ago but they are the ultimate wellie so easy to get off, can walk around with them unzipped if its warm there soft on the feet a hard wearing sole and excellent grip, I know £200 is a lot but I would defiantly buy another pair when these go

I'm in the same boat here pard , tried on some le chameau at the weekend but felt too thin for beating , dunno if they'll stand up to it ? Had a pair of muck boots that have done 3 seasons so tempted to go for them again !!

I can assure you the le chameau are tough I have had the verznord boots for 7 years they are worn nearly everyday beating/picking up around 30+ days a year and basically are as good as new out of 12 beaters on our beaters cart yesterday 10 had le chameau boots says it all for me really

Le Chameau were good boots, I had several pairs over the past 20 years. Not any more, built down to a price now and I had 2 pairs that didn't last 5 minutes. Never again.

Seeland Estate AT Vibram soled boots, bought over 3 years ago, done 3 full seasons, worn 7 days a week and most of the summer let alone winter too. Soles getting down a bit now and I have torn the side due to my own neglect but still worn daily.

I think thats a good enough trial for me

I got a set of Aigle Parcours last year, worn them nearly every singly hunting trip since, very little sign of wear, they may be expensive (OK mine were not, got them at auction, very reasonably priced). Damned comfortable, warm in winter, nice boots! Changed my mind about wellies, buy the bets you can afford not the cheapest!

I brought both hunter balmorals and Aigles from Welly Warehouse to compare.

Aigles, everytime. The hunters are very poorly made and poor quality. Whereas the aigles are still handmade and great quality. I wear my aigles in winter with thin socks and my feet are very warm!

Edited by Georgy

I used to buy le chameau neoprene, full length zip but, as mentioned, I found them to be a very thick sole with little ankle support, which meant they twisted alarmingly on hard ground. Also leaving them without internal supports the boots developed a weak line and would never stand up, making them difficult to put on if you are a little stiff.

I've tried hunter neoprene and find them hot so I would go with the gortex/waterproof boot option - Hunters had a red lining and caused me all sorts of problems with a reaction to whatever chemical dyes were in the lining - took me months to get rid of the raw red marks.

So - hunters NO

le Chameau no

Boots - Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack an oldish topic,but what are your views on the leather 'shooting boots'?, I am looking at both rubber wellie and leather options,as I wear the bright yellow Dunlop Wellie's for work and to honest I am sick of the site of them!.so looking for something different.