applying for my FAC

hwallis

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of applying for my FAC, i am going to be applying for a .17hmr and a .243 reasons being vermin control, foxes and deer. What is a good amount of ammunition to put down in the section on where it asks maximum ammo in possession at any one point and maximum being bought at any one point. Any other tips or advice on applying would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Henry

doesnt really matter as the FEO will go through it with you when he visits and tell you what you can have, just as a figure to put on your application maybe 500 to have and 250 to buy for HMR and 250 to have and 100 to buy for centrefire, but all depends how much shooting your going to do and how much land you have, the FEO will take all that into account.

I'd suggest a minimum of buy 500, hold 600 for the .17.

Buy 200, hold 250 for the .243.

Ask for more than you expect to need, as you have to expect them to knock it down.

I'd suggest a minimum of buy 500, hold 600 for the .17.

Buy 200, hold 250 for the .243.

Ask for more than you expect to need, as you have to expect them to knock it down.

I would say this was more on the nail. I would suggest HMR Hold:750 buy 500 the extra 250 should cover you until you can get to the Gun Shop to buy a new brick of 500 which usualy you will get a bit cheaper for buying a whole brick rather than parts there of.

.243 hold 300 and buy 200 again giving you time to replen with a brick of 200.