Pics of Bullet Boys Air Ranger

eccles

For me a 22lr was great to shoot how ever was near unusable because of the nature of the round bouncing off the safest of backstops! I just don't get this with FAC air and in some places I can shoot FAC air uphill and I can take bunnys out to 70 yards with it, any greater distance and the HMR comes out !

Hope your Huntsman Classic is serving you well mate?

Yes mate, put a single bunny in the bag with it last weekend at 55 yards. but very little about currently bunny and pigeon wise ! But there seems a few squirrels about so I may just start to give them some greif !

ATB

Matt

Well done Matt.

These Daystates are something special eh mate?

Well worth the money in my eyes and if I didnt have Daystate then I would have an Air arms in non FAC as that what my dad has but to get a like for like gun your talking near the same money and when Daystate are 20 mile away I would rather go with them as i firmly belive that they make the best air rifles !

PS BB Have you had it out yet shooting on quarry ? Some pics would be nice and field reports so to speak ! :D

Edited by salop sniper

Lovely looking gun but what's the point when the money could be better spent on a .22LR

I've had several good air guns in the past and i've definately missed out on the need to have a gun like this.

Everyone has different shooting requirements, better spent on a .22lr :hmm: :hmm: ...I have Air, FAC Air .22lr, HMR, WMR and a selection of CF and shotguns. I can assure you ********* (a well known Supermarket) would not agree with you that a .22lr was better when I was shooting pigeons on their shop floor!

:good: :good:

Everyone has different shooting requirements, better spent on a .22lr :hmm: :hmm: ...I have Air, FAC Air .22lr, HMR, WMR and a selection of CF and shotguns. I can assure you ********* (a well known Supermarket) would not agree with you that a .22lr was better when I was shooting pigeons on their shop floor!

:good: :good:

Quite true regarding each and everyone's shooting requirements Dekers. You definitely get stranger assignments than I.

Have you tried a .22 short at about 30ft lb's?

I remain unconvinced about FAC air when you consider the cost of the gun and it's uses over and above the .22 rimfire.

Edited by Whitebridges

Quite true regarding each and everyone's shooting requirements Dekers. You definitely get stranger assignments than I.

I remain unconvinced about FAC air when you consider the cost of the gun and it's uses over and above the .22 rimfire.

the trouble with reduced velocity .22's is they're only accurate at short range. I think, if the bullet was lighter but faster they'd probably work better at around 30-35 fpe. And then there's the possibility of damage they can cause compared to an airgun pellet. I think the air ranger is a nice gun and definitely has its uses.

Sometimes I think that the point this is a hobby/interest and pastime for a lot of us gets lost. FAC air, HMR, 22lr whatever peoples views are on suitability of one over another, its not always just a "tool". I get a similar pleasure from owning nice bits of kit as someone else would a painting or valuable china. Its also about what you might prefer to use because you have a choice of different rifles equally suitable.

the trouble with reduced velocity .22's is they're only accurate at short range. I think, if the bullet was lighter but faster they'd probably work better at around 30-35 fpe. And then there's the possibility of damage they can cause compared to an airgun pellet. I think the air ranger is a nice gun and definitely has its uses.

The Air Ranger is a thing of beauty. Fair points RB well made :good:

Well worth the money in my eyes and if I didnt have Daystate then I would have an Air arms in non FAC as that what my dad has but to get a like for like gun your talking near the same money and when Daystate are 20 mile away I would rather go with them as i firmly belive that they make the best air rifles !

PS BB Have you had it out yet shooting on quarry ? Some pics would be nice and field reports so to speak ! :D

Only shot it to zero it up at the moment not at Live Targets as of yet mate.

Lovely rifle mate hope its not just a cabnet queen thou :)

No it wont be a cabinet queen mate as i will be using it out in the field.

Thanks for putting pics up Terry.

Its my Air Ranger which i've tarted up starting with a Polished Trigger Guard,a Chrome Bolt Handle,a new MK5 Airstream Silencer and a Limited Edition Red Ranger Stock.It has recently had a complete service and to be honest-shoots like a Dream!

Im in love!

Look's great mate,

Not used any shorts or caps, even longs, for probably 30 years, maybe more, very rarely use the shotshells either, but I do use the Air and FAC Air as required!

Supermarkets are bread and butter work! You would not believe what goes on in some (many) at night, and shooting birds, generally pigeons, isn't uncommon.....and catching the rats and mice etc! :lol::good:

I get to shoot in a VERY wide range of places that many, and sometimes even I, find very strange. For Instance, the High Security Military base with a Deer Problem they wanted solved, but couldn't trust the VERY HIGHLY trained soldiers there to do it :hmm:! The even Higher Security Pharmaceutical site where they do considerable live animal testing, we have to shoot Sun afternoon and night there when the site is empty, accompanied full time by there security and followed by a minimum of 2 motion activated site cameras day and night, why then, they don't want the staff to get upset seeing us shooting bunnies :hmm:! Like the Aviation site, "we have been trying to get rid of it for nearly a week, we need someone to take an 80 yard shot at a pigeon sitting on £12,000,000 of equipment!" The deranged crow that chewed customers car door mirrors, window rubbers and headlights for 4 months at a Garden Centre before I had to take it early morning off a 4x4 Door Mirror across the staff car park! etc etc. Hell, every now and again I actually get out round a Farm/Golf Course/Country Estate etc :lol: :lol:

Yeh, I get to shoot on some interesting sites, and therefore have a much wider view of this shooting malarkey than some, the world is a wider place than the odd farm and blatting a few rats and bunnies, but you would never believe it listening to some! :good:

Edited by Dekers