engine management light

gemini52

Arranged to take it to mates garage to get it scaned,put the key in started up and the bloody light went off,didnt know if to laugh or cry,why cant we go back to the days when things were easy. :hmm:

What and undo all of this `progress`! :innocent:

Edited by matone

i have an astra and the engine managment light comes on when the engines under load...uphills,low revs etc...been doing it for about a year now with no ill effects.....read the vauxhall forums its a common glitch....some say its a fault with the lamda sensor...

I had that with a peugeot, the cat converter was on the way out, so the EML would come on. Id reset it with a fleabay lead and it would stay off for about 50 miles then come back on again. I remember reseting it nicely on the forecourt outside, before part-ex`ing at a dealers.

put yr key in swiched off then press excelerator and brake fully and the swich egnition to the on .DONT START THE ENGINE.....then a little red light on the dash will flash a code out. 1 flash is number 1 and 10 flashes is 0 ..have a pen and paper handy as i have the same light on my vaxhall and it turns out that its the foot brake swich that is falty on mine as it is connected to the engine managment but it did not show up on the falt finder i got off ebay.

found this sight usfull

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?forums/astra-corsa-zafira-meriva-agila-tigra-nova-includes-astravan-corsa-combovan.83/

Edited by fruitloop