Kreighoff k80 v Perazzi mx12 v Beretta dt11 opinions please

b16jus

Im in a lucky position where a deal is happening which will allow me to treat myself to the next stage of guns for my collection.

Im deciding between two 2nd hand guns but have a wildcard which would be a new option

So has anyone held / shot / owned these

Kreighoff k80, I have held but not shot and very impressed with it

Perazzi mx12, I have held but not shot and very impressed with it

My wildcard option would be a brand new Beretta dt11 i havnt seen or held but every review i have read says how good this is.

So decisions decisions but any feedback would be great

J

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kreighoff - expensive - over-rated version of a Remington 3200. heavy and clumsy.

Perazzi - all the world class shooters use these non-chrome lined barrels, overpriced guns.

Beretta DT11 - why are these better than a 682E Gold?

These guns have the names, but are they better than a Gamba, Vostok, Kemen - I suspect not.

Thing is i currently have 2 guns very much like the Beretta gold E so looking for something in the next level up

Current fleet includes

Browning b725 sporting

Browning Ultra xs

Browning maxus premium semi

Squires & Bingham Pump

Beretta 626 SxS

Ugartechea SxS

Im selling both SxS's and the pump to free up room plus i dont use them so they are wasted really.

J

Edited by b16jus

You obviously like Brownings so why not go up the ladder Browning wise?

Heritage maybe

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Browning_Shotgun_HERITAGE_For-Sale_121016105143769

or maybe really push the boat out

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Browning_Shotgun_D5G-CUSTOM-SIDEPLATE_For-Sale_121004091206403

all depends on your budget,

Browning shoot differently from Beretta's

The DT11 is a HEAVY gun

:shaun:

You obviously like Brownings so why not go up the ladder Browning wise?

Heritage maybe

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Browning_Shotgun_HERITAGE_For-Sale_121016105143769

or maybe really push the boat out

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Browning_Shotgun_D5G-CUSTOM-SIDEPLATE_For-Sale_121004091206403

all depends on your budget,

Browning shoot differently from Beretta's

The DT11 is a HEAVY gun

:shaun:

About 8 and a half pounds

Kriegs are big yet balance their weight surprisingly well..v well made but I somehow just did not like it.

Perazzi...,lovely trigger and v rated barrels...I just think they are too much money..

Beretta DT11 this is only one I have not shot......I am staggered by how much it is though...for that money 2nd hand SO5/SO6?

I would always buy second hand and for your budget you will be able to pick up alot of gun....there is a new English gun in this months Shooting Gazette...forgotten name of it but at £10,900 looks v.nice and will not be 'common'..would look at this if set on new and want something a bit different.

I have a DT10 and recently shot a Kreighoff for about 50 shots on a sportrap layout, I liked it a lot and if I was changing this is what I would be going for.

I have only shot a Perazzi once and I was not overly impressed by it.

Obviously it is subjective to which one you prefer to shoot, but one thing is, I have shot with guys on squads and I did not realise their gun was a Perazzi or DT10/11 until after the shoot or I took a concerted look at it. With a Kreighoff you know as soon as you see it if from the other side of the ground. My point being if I am paying a lot for a gun then I want it to be a bit different / stand out as well and the only one that really does that on your list is the K80.

S05/6 will fall to bits if you shoot any volume. Nice to look at but poorly put together. DT wont look as nice but won't fall to bits either. Perazzi ok as long as you don't have to ask for anything other than bog standard. If you do be prepared for a 18 month wait, and to receive the wrong item a couple if times!

I have not shot a K80 but having handled one and been amazed at how the weight seems to disappear when it comes to shoulder I'd be very tempted. It felt better than anything else I've tried.

Then again the MX2000, with a trip to Italy for the factory to stock it to suit you for free, sounds good too.

I'd get both if I were you. :)

Edited by poorpeet

This is very subjective.

I had an MX2000 for 8 years and loved it. Great balance, suited me for game and clays. Someone said the K80 stands out in a crowd and I couldn`t agree more but the style and look are just not for me, I prefer something slimmer. Each to their own. I do admit that Perazzi do often get things wrong when ordering a custom made gun, I just bought mine off the shelf.

Bill

S05/6 will fall to bits if you shoot any volume. Nice to look at but poorly put together. DT wont look as nice but won't fall to bits either. Perazzi ok as long as you don't have to ask for anything other than bog standard. If you do be prepared for a 18 month wait, and to receive the wrong item a couple if times!

you love Perazzi's really Ed don't you :hmm:

Bang on the money there Ed :good:

A few years ago I was lucky enough to be offered a deal on a Perazzi, I couldn't have been happier, measurements were taken by the guy from Ruag and the stock turned up ten weeks later....totally wrong !!

A second stock was ordered which also turned up with the wrong measurements and by this point I was starting to get slightly ****** off, I gave them one more chance and finally after five months a stock did turn up with the correct measurements on it, the only drawback was the wood was that poor it wouldn't have looked out of place with 'Outspan' stamped on it :angry: :angry:

To say I was dissapointed is a massive understatement !!!

Azzurri

I shoot a Caesar Guerini Impact adjustable rib thing and am mulling a change at the moment.

Shot a DT10 a few weeks ago and really liked it. It felt a lot easier to manoeuvre than my gun and it just felt good, but.......a couple of weeks ago I shot a Perazzi MX12 and I was honestly shocked at just how good it was. It was beautifully made and very understated, but for me the way it shot was lovely. Smooth and steady on crossers but really fast to move between simo pairs.

I intend to shoot a Blaser F3 again before committing to anything and then sell an organ to fund whatever I choose.

The other thing I would say is that list on an MX12 is about £7500 which is only a couple of grand more than a DT11 and less than a K80. Obviously very expensive but cheaper than I thought if that makes sense!

I handled a MX2000s with fixed chokes the other day at Chris Potters and it was the best gun i think I have waved about in a shop,if I was to buy a Perazzi I'd go to the factory to get the stock sorted.

A lad I was chatting to had a Perazzi that he got on with,so went to the factory to perfect it with a custom stock,he said when it came back the measurements weren't even close,he sold it and went to a shop in Dorset I think and spent a day setting up a used K80,he said they messed about with the balance etc and got it perfect for him,I never handled that K80,my mate did and said it was much better than a previous used K80 he'd handled.

My friend has a K80 with full tube set and two barrels who lets anyone in the club use it

To me just closing the action tells you this is one of the best made guns with fine tollerances, I understand they are the only company where you can swop any k80 barrel with any action without any adjustments which to me says a lot

Probably the most wanted gun in the States

Still two tubes and a bit of wood but what a gun without going stupid money (or nearly)