Kreighoff k80 v Perazzi mx12 v Beretta dt11 opinions please

b16jus

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I shot my Ultra XS for the 3rd time today and recorded my best score,so will sit on this for a while and would go for a Parazzi if I ever find the perfect one....maybe!

Shot mine today as well,

Finished second in the club competition,

25 DTL & 25 Skeet

finished on 44/50, winner was 46/50.....oh and he is the english Skeet champion, and whereas he straighted the DTL I beat him on the Skeet, well chuffed :good:

Cant see me selling this one, although I still like the Kreighoff I posted above, but cant afford it anyway

:shaun:

• 1 year later...

Why are Kreighoff or Perazzi so expensive? Both are very good guns, but are they ten times better than a Miroku MK38. I think not.

Here here! I love my MK38, it might not have magical powers, but even with 32" pipes its got a lovely balance, throws an even pattern, shoots where I point it (not always in the right place) and as a Grade V is damn nice to look at.

K80? MX2000? DT11? You can keep em...

I like the Kreighoff K80 Supersport but not the price. The Perazzi MX2000 sporter very nice but why no chrome lined barrels, can't be any good with steel if god forbid we get a lead ban. The DT11 is awfull I pick one up everytime I see one in a dealers and every one feels like a bit of 2x4 timber, don't want a 11 bore either,there is over boring but this one borders on ridiculous. Out of the choices the op stated I'd go for a P gun.

Figgy

I am a Beretta fan and have been all my shooting life I like to try some different makes from time to time and a while ago looked into some second hand perazzi's problem I came up against was most had been fitted to original purchaser and no good to me I get on with off the peg Beretta fine and all I could find in the p gun standard was a few new and to much money just to give them a try.the kreighoff is out as i did not like the feel of them.if the dt11 does not do it for you then maybe a second hand jubilee or ase.both quality.good luck in your quest.

Not sure what difference chrome lined barrels would make if using steel? The shot would never come into contact with the barrel walls.

Think its to do with the hard chrome lining giving a bit more protection if the shot cup fails to do its job which has happened to me where the shot has pushed through the plastic cup, pin holing is what I was told its called.

Figgy

I know Perazzi's aren't supposed to have chromed barrels however for both mine the bores are VERY shiny and look absolutely no different than the Ultra XS Prestige or 325 I had before. Perazzi don't seem to publish much about the construction aspects of their guns, leaving it to the main importer, RUAG to publish the odd document here and there.

Interesting article on the topic here..http://shotgunreport.com/2013/08/05/chrome-lined-bores/

Edited by Cosmicblue

Borrowed a kreighoff off a friend of mine a few years back a k80 sporter 30" it was a very lovely gun shot really well but to me

always felt square and lumpy no real finesse to it as I use my clay guns to shoot pigeons and game too also did not like the

triggers. I bought a Perazzi MX8 32" sporter with sco upgrade wood. this was truly a lovely handling gun and shot really well. I

just don't think that perazzi are worth the money they ask for them at todays prices. When I had mine it was 2007 about £5250 now

just stupid. I sold it back in 2012. I do like the mx2000s model but not at todays price again. I had a Beretta ASE gold and that

was a lovely gun. The DT10 was a poor version of it, made on a buget. I have shot also the DT11 but does not handle with the finesse of the Perazzi. my choice would be mx2000s or mx12 go for a fix choked version and don't Teague it. It ruins a good perazzi their

patterns and barrels and triggers are great.

Very good read this gents. You've only got to look on Guntrader and surf to get gunitis. Peel off 10K and there are some super special guns to be had.

I just don't get Kreighoff's they just look so awful I couldn't put one in to my shoulder. I've shot a few Blasers and the triggers were worse than a CZ :rolleyes::)

As for a Beretta DT11 ( the Italian Baikal someone called them the other day :lol::lol: ) no way! Big lumps, no finesse, seriously overpriced.

Buy old and English. Not the easiest to shoot but this is part of the fun isn't it! Half you ******* are German or Italian aren't you? :lol:

Edited by Whitebridges