Kreighoff k80 v Perazzi mx12 v Beretta dt11 opinions please

b16jus

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the value is in ownership,as the OP implies,not a stab,but he has some money and wants something special.Most of us buy guns because they look good ,feel nice in the hand,and I am more likely to discuss the merits of a gun to the owner if it's a Perazzi/K80 /Beretta SO models or Blaser than i am to a baikal to be honest

Perazzi have Digweed :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Kreighoff :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Ben hustwaite multiple world FITASC/SPORTING champion and record holder, he has given George a good run for his money many times saw it happen at Lakenheath as a matter of fact.......

Edited by tigger

George Digweed is in a class of his own - best clay shooter ever.

I rest my case.

I am more likely to discuss the merits of a gun to the owner if it's a Perazzi/K80 /Beretta SO models or Blaser than i am to a baikal to be honest

No-one could really argue with that statement - it is on the money. :good: :good: :good:

George Digweed is in a class of his own - best clay shooter ever.

I rest my case.

No-one could really argue with that statement - it is on the money. :good: :good: :good:

Sorry Gordon but I'd argue with that statement.

Would be more impressed with your "statement of fact" if you had said best FITASC Sporting clay shooter ever. There I think the record speaks for it's self but how can you compare GD to a trap or skeet shooter. He tried to get into an Olympic discipline, was either Olympic Trap or Double Trap I'm not sure which and I've no doubt he was very very very good but he stopped trying because one assumes he didn't think he could guarantee a gold medal and a silver or bronze just doesn't cut it!

DO NOT think I am trying to belittle GD achievement, I'm not, but this business of proclaiming someone "the best ever" is truly a nonsense without a bucket load of caveats. If you are looking at major championships I think Cheryl Hall has won more than George Digweed, does that make her a better shot or the best ever? Is GD a better clay shooter than Kim Rhodes. is he better than Percy Stanbury or some of the other great names of the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's whose names elude me.

There is a school of thought that there are or have been better FITASC Sporting shots than GD but they just couldn't afford to shoot around the globe to pursue World & European medals. (Don't believe it myself but you never know!)

As I said I just don't believe in all this best ever business as with most everything in life you are only as good as your last result, someday sooner or later someone will come along (probably an American) and start winning titles and even in the FITASC world George's record will tumble. Will we think less of him, I think not but his reign will be over.

Mr Potter (Un-officially and only in my opinion, one of the most average clay pigeon shooter in the history of the sport!)

Edited by Mr Potter

I agree if you give a good shooter a custom gun it doesnt matter what make but it will help increase the profile of your gun company.

Thats what anoys me about the pirazzi is that its a lot of money and as a tart i do like looks but they are very plain.

J

I agree if you give a good shooter a custom gun it doesnt matter what make but it will help increase the profile of your gun company.

Thats what anoys me about the pirazzi is that its a lot of money and as a tart i do like looks but they are very plain.

J

I imagine the different top guns are much like expensive whiskies, an experienced taster can appreciate the difference, but amateurs like myself don't benefit from better than a Glenmorangie ( or a Beretta ).

Would be more impressed with your "statement of fact" if you had said best FITASC Sporting clay shooter ever. There I think the record speaks for it's self but how can you compare GD to a trap or skeet shooter. He tried to get into an Olympic discipline, was either Olympic Trap or Double Trap I'm not sure which and I've no doubt he was very very very good but he stopped trying because one assumes he didn't think he could guarantee a gold medal and a silver or bronze just doesn't cut it!

DO NOT think I am trying to belittle GD achievement, I'm not, but this business of proclaiming someone "the best ever" is truly a nonsense without a bucket load of caveats. If you are looking at major championships I think Cheryl Hall has won more than George Digweed, does that make her a better shot or the best ever? Is GD a better clay shooter than Kim Rhodes. is he better than Percy Stanbury or some of the other great names of the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's whose names elude me.

There is a school of thought that there are or have been better FITASC Sporting shots than GD but they just couldn't afford to shoot around the globe to pursue World & European medals. (Don't believe it myself but you never know!)

As I said I just don't believe in all this best ever business as with most everything in life you are only as good as your last result, someday sooner or later someone will come along (probably an American) and start winning titles and even in the FITASC world George's record will tumble. Will we think less of him, I think not but his reign will be over.

Mr Potter (Un-officially and only in my opinion, one of the most average clay pigeon shooter in the history of the sport!)

Well said that man!

I imagine the different top guns are much like expensive whiskies, an experienced taster can appreciate the difference, but amateurs like myself don't benefit from better than a Glenmorangie ( or a Beretta ).

A very good analogy. As for perazzi`s being plain, there are some stunning examples out there and not all from the top ranges

Well as its Friday and a bad day at work i thought i'd enter the fray so to speak :lol: .

is GD the greatest? - well imo he is in his chosen discipline ranges of his generation - is he better than Cheryl - well yes because you only have to put them on a "scores in majors" comparison and GD will have beat Cheryl in most competitions - high gun is high gun after all and thats not to denegrate her performances as she is the star performer of Ladies shooting.

It is always impossible to compare any sportsman across generations as many things change, things that come immediately to mind are;

physical conditioning in sports that demand it. Rugby springs to mind immediately as the size and fitness of the guys today bears no relation to the amateurs of 20 or more years ago - does that make greats like Gareth Davies / JPR Williams / Gerald Davies etc any less of a player than say Richie MacCaw ? no, but they cannot be compared to the leviathans of modern Rugby in the physical sense, they just wouldn't be able to compete without modern training methods.

Similarly equipment changes records & performance whether it be cars, bikes, clothing etc all of these things have changed personal performances. Would Usain Bolt be running under 10 secs on Cinder tracks - no!!

Was and is Ali "the Greatest" possibly but he was well beaten on a number of occassions but what made him great was peoples perceptions and his overall achievements. Similarly, this is all you an do when comparing GD with people such as AJ Smith etc

All records get broken in the end and this is a result of all of these things (and human evolution??) Generally any major records get broken and i'm sure somebody, someday will emulate and beat GD's feats, i just dont think it will be in my lifetime. Will they be able to prove they are greater than George - nope 'cos he will be past his best and not able to compete on equal terms, but sometime in the future someone on here when we are all long gobne will be saying that Joe Bloggs is the greatest sporting shot ever bar none !!!!!

This why we love sport, it will continue to keeps Forums, Pub banter and armchair enthusiasts like ourselves going for evermore :lol: .

Oh and to add my tupenneth on the actual question of this post - buy what you like as no gun i've had has improved my scores of it's own fruition - as a £1k gun or a £10k gun makes no difference if an idiot is pulling the trigger.

Well I was at bywell today and fell in love with this

http://www.bywellshootingground.co.uk/gunroom/shotguns/krieghoff_k80_supersport_s_h_060240

can someone tell me what the little button in front of the trigger is please?

and also this

http://www.bywellshootingground.co.uk/gunroom/shotguns/beretta_so10_20_gauge_game_s_h_

:shaun:

Ok the wildcard has put a spanner in the works, had a look at a dt11 today and im very impressed, feels a little heavier than my ultra xs but as soon as its up feels balanced.

Nice wood etc hhhmmm ok now i have even more decisions to make

Theres some really nice woodon some of the DT11's and do feel nice to handle, was so tempting for me but I did resist.