.What do you do with the foxes you shoot??

dazzyboi

In the months of December and January, i sell a few, if the coats are good, but dont get a lot for them :/

Depending on the coat, between 5 and 25 Euro a fox, unskined, but has to be bought to the fox man within 24hrs and he seems to know if its older. :lol:

Out of these months, i dig a hole and bury them.

Years back, their was a chinese restraunt that liked foxes. :angry:

As for hanging them up, its done over here a lot, not allways, depends on the farmer, but most farmers like to see a fox that has taken several lambs from them strung up, after being humanely shot. :/

As for the public eye, well, common sense comes into play here me thinks. :no:

Frank.

As long as they are pretty airtight (no gaping wounds) you can make a small incision in the skin hold the nozzle and pimp that air in. You may have to make a few attempts over the carcass.

It makes the skin come away from the flesh easier.

I think there is a name for giving dead things blow jobs :lol:

A 200 bar pressure jet washer does the same job :P ................And yes I speak from experience :angry:

I feed the skinned carcases to my ferrets and then I shave the skins of fur and when I have enough I then make some felt with my "life partner" as we are trying to make a Eco-Yurt and sell the 3 bed semi and opt out of the environmentally damaging lifestyle we were a part of.

Henry

you have been observing the other side toooooo much :/:/

:no: very good

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I tend to put them (with a gloved hand) in to a thick hedge where they decompose nice and quickly. One farmer where I shoot (apple orchards) likes the carcases to be left near the main rides to put off the walker and ramblers ... who nick all his apples!!! I understand his thoughts, but do not follow his wishes through as it gives shooting a bad name. Still, good prevention :P

I tend to put them (with a gloved hand) in to a thick hedge where they decompose nice and quickly. One farmer where I shoot (apple orchards) likes the carcases to be left near the main rides to put off the walker and ramblers ... who nick all his apples!!! I understand his thoughts, but do not follow his wishes through as it gives shooting a bad name. Still, good prevention :P

why the gloved hand ??

as i think a fox will lead a cleaner life than loads of humans !!

so why the glove ??

as i have lifted loads of foxes with no gloves and ive never suffered !

i would be very interested in you reasons for gloves when handling fox please ??!!!

cheers kirky

I feed the skinned carcases to my ferrets and then I shave the skins of fur and when I have enough I then make some felt with my "life partner" as we are trying to make a Eco-Yurt and sell the 3 bed semi and opt out of the environmentally damaging lifestyle we were a part of.

yeah right,buried shallow and set as a midden(stink pit)with wires :P

a bit sad but it will do after all its dead right??

and you know it should be buried 1 meter down as all quarry that is not of eatable standard should according

to basc

stick to holding your hose :good::lol::P

and if this posts fails to be posted please tell him about it anyway

cheers kirky

why the gloved hand ??

so why the glove ??

i would be very interested in you reasons for gloves when handling fox please ??!!!

cheers kirky

I always wear gloves to pick up fox too. I don't want no nasties :P

+ any mink I shoot can stay where they fall (& I aint worried about their nashers)

why the gloved hand ??

so why the glove ??

cheers kirky

I always wear gloves to pick up fox too. I don't want no nasties :P

+ any mink I shoot can stay where they fall (& I aint worried about their nashers)

mate they wont bite you when they dead

and you wont catch anything of them

different story if you out late on a saturday night htough !! :good::lol::P

dont worry so much

kirky

why the gloved hand ??

so why the glove ??

cheers kirky

I always wear gloves to pick up fox too. I don't want no nasties :rolleyes:

different story if you out late on a saturday night htough !! :rolleyes::no::lol:

dont worry so much

kirky

See post #9 on the link. All keepers I have been out with as well as other friends have always donned the gloves when picking up a dead fox. :rolleyes:

Here's the text of post #9

A word of caution regarding foxes, I know another RFD in Kent that was a keen fox shooter, he spent several months in hospital with a really serious diease he caught from a fox, I cant remember the name of the disease but he was told the tail is the most dangerous plce to pick a fox up from, he was advised to use a glove and pick up by a front leg, I follow this advice since that day

Ever smelt that stink they emit from scent gland, I used to remove the tail and thats when the stink arose, dont do so anymore though

why the gloved hand ??

so why the glove ??

cheers kirky

I always wear gloves to pick up fox too. I don't want no nasties :blink:

different story if you out late on a saturday night htough !! :blink: :lol::lol:

dont worry so much

kirky

mange is the reason I'd wear gloves, also why its best not to let your dogs worry the carcass too much.