.What do you do with the foxes you shoot??

dazzyboi

In the summer a fox only takes days to completely decompose. Other than taking the brush I put the fox on the heap and let the maggots do their work. In some ways its a shame but foxes are killing machines and if you have poultry or game then the foxes have to be under tight control.

In the late 1970's early 1980's you used to be able to sell the skins! I have a mate who lambs outdoors and he used to shoot loads then prepare the skins on the back of old house doors. He made a tidy sum, but there no longer seems to be a market for them. Fly tiers might appreciate the odd tail, so a call to you local fly dressers guild might net you a bob or two. keep up the good work!

Ft

as basc told me on my course i burrie then 1 meter down not!!!!! :):)

But that's what you tell the landowner :lol:

On a serious note though to leave a fly blown carcus when the farmer is lambing would OR could create a situation making you not very popular .I don't mean being downwind of the smell but flys getting in places on a ewe that's had a rough night ........

TBH ...........They should be buried but after a several hour lamping trip and your not far off double figures it's the last thing you feel like doing .We all have alternative ways and means where they can be disposed never to be discovered again :/:good:

Good Question ;)

I guess Teal is just being PC, doesn't want to upset people (for that read anti's) but to my mind people should get real and it's about time we started fighting back. We do what we do lawfully and (in the main) with respect for our quarry so lets not hide it but let people know what goes on in the countryside. Stand up and be counted for your sport.

I know two chaps who lost their pigeon shooting this Spring, because they hung up some dead rooks and a magpie in a pea field, visible from the road.

The Farmer received a few complaints (which they don't like) and told them not to come back.

By all means exercise your lawful rights, but there is no harm in being a bit discreet and accepting the sensibilities of other people.

I feed the skinned carcases to my ferrets and then I shave the skins of fur and when I have enough I then make some felt with my "life partner" as we are trying to make a Eco-Yurt and sell the 3 bed semi and opt out of the environmentally damaging lifestyle we were a part of.

yeah right,buried shallow and set as a midden(stink pit)with wires :angry:

I feed the skinned carcases to my ferrets and then I shave the skins of fur and when I have enough I then make some felt with my "life partner" as we are trying to make a Eco-Yurt and sell the 3 bed semi and opt out of the environmentally damaging lifestyle we were a part of.

Just spat half a can of stella over the keyboard you b@stard :angry::no::/

Just spat half a can of stella over the keyboard you b@stard :angry::no::/

You can talk you daft bu66er.

Was laffing so hard at you I just sat on the car keys and set the bloody alarm off waking half the neighbourhood. :/:P:lol::P

Trev

When i was a trainee keeper we used to skin them and send them to Horace Friend in Wisbech Cambridge. £15 a good winter pelt back in the mid eighties for someone on a pittance was greatly recieved.

A dodge the headkeeper showed me was to use a airline at the local garage. :/

That was until the foreman took a look in the back of the landy after a good nite and saw a couple of charlies on their backs looking like michelin men :no:

Never let us use the airline after that. :angry:

I think there is a name for giving dead things blow jobs :no:

:angry: Ho dear, thats baaaddd

Again, all new to this but, as already said, if you have ferrets,dogs,birds why don't people feed the fox meat to these instead of wasting ... and has anybody ate fox them selfs... after all, it's all meat. What does it taste like or is there a reason for people not eating fox?