Out of intensive care

jonno 357

As could have been predicted, the BBC have apparently been inundated with claims that Top Gear should be dropped, as a result of this accident. :good:

I would love to meet one of these people, just to ask how they have so much free time. Nothing is likely to get me into a rage more than these people who write to the bbc about **** like this.

If you don't like it don't watch it, nobody is forcing them to.

Cracking news about hamster, hope he goes on to make a full recovery and we see him back on the screens as soon as possible.

The trouble with Clarkson is he's just like Marmite, you either love him or hate him. Personally, I enjoy his whit, he, Richard Hammond and James May make a damn good and very enjoyable team and programme.

All my thoughts are with Richard Hammond and his family, who must be going through a very uncomfortable time. Speedy revovery, Richard.

I hope he recovers ok too. He's a top bloke, very entertaining. On the scrap top gear note, what's new? It's just like handguns and dunblane, although things like this are not nice, what is banning it going to solve? People will still crash fast cars, just as people still get shot. I know it's harsh, and I don't like to see it either, but it's how life is!

The thing is, if this had been an accident by a dragster driving professional, would there have been calls to ban that? I assume noone forced Hammond into the car, judging his character he probably wanted to do it, and therefore why should the show be banned?

I hate everything about this country now. Everything which upsets a minority, ends up affecting the majority in some way or another.

:good: Well judging by Mr Hammonds reactions and replys etc..... and seeing him on the telesion... I think he is more than on his way to a speedy recovery... infact I would assume that he would even attempt this stunt again. I think that hampsters natural obsession for the love of speed and danger is what drives him......

anyway as for the Air rescue ambulance comment above.... I think its only more than appropiate for him to have been flown.... for a few good reasons...

As many of you know I used to work for them..... until my accident...

Due to this crash.. that Mr Hammond had.. The amount of donations recieved has boosted the funds so much that they now have enough to buy another helicopter and help further areas of yorkshire... This is a HUGE amount of money..... and I can assure everyone that any paramedic, gp or RN flying in these helicopters are ALWAYS very busy!!!! There is such a demand that it was needed to have more of these in the air. So yes... there busy.. BUT as a nice thank you.. and still remembering that he may have spinal damnage.. which is not mentioned... precautions such as flying is alot less risky... And also a nice thank you for bringing it to the attnetion of the public....

just my 2 pence

HE should have based his car on the turbinator....

Don Vesco Ran routinly at 400+MPH for over a year, He even blew out a tire one time an still managed to keep it under control

What a car :good:

http://rabidz.vidiac.com/search/turbinator...088bdb8c347.htm (Direct link)

http://www.teamvesco.com/LSR_RR_HBW.mpg (normal res)

http://www.teamvesco.com/LSR_RR_MM.mpg (high res)