Dogs and new baby

ferguson_tom

Ive also seen what dogs do when in a bad mood with kids. Also nearly had my face ripped off by an irish wolf hound. Dont tell me i dont have the first idea!

Thought you might have had a bad experience with them, silly choice of dog when you have children really but not exactly a reason to tar all dogs with the same brush. Ones brought up with children in a family environment very rarely attack family members. The other case on here would be a cocker as that is a well known issue and mostly bred out and affected ones put down.

It's impossible to argue and I feel sorry for your children if they have had to grow up without dogs and with a scared parent as they will be ones that have issues with dogs through their lives. I don't know what's up on here today extreme views on parenting and people shooting dogs they can't train

Ive also seen what dogs do when in a bad mood with kids. Also nearly had my face ripped off by an irish wolf hound. Dont tell me i dont have the first idea!

now there is one seriously tall dog, terrifying experiance no doubt. safety of children realy is a case of ***** and manage. The assesment should never be the slightest lax and i understand your feelings expressed. As i mention in this thread i made a no go call once, its only the OP who can make it though

Thought you might have had a bad experience with them, silly choice of dog when you have children really but not exactly a reason to tar all dogs with the same brush. Ones brought up with children in a family environment very rarely attack family members. The other case on here would be a cocker as that is a well known issue and mostly bred out and affected ones put down.

It's impossible to argue and I feel sorry for your children if they have had to grow up without dogs and with a scared parent as they will be ones that have issues with dogs through their lives. I don't know what's up on here today extreme views on parenting and people shooting dogs they can't train

come out and say it someone might get a two for one deal with a good brief

If you have any doubts over your dogs just kennel them outside, and I am thinking you must have or why post the question.

No doubts what so ever, when i got my second dog i asked how was the best way to introduce him to the first just to make things as smooth as possible (even though my first dog never had any problems with other peoples dogs in our house). So far as mentioned everything has gone well, if there was any signs the dog would pose a risk to the baby from previous behavoir they would have gone the fact is they havent and have been around my nieces and nephews with no trouble as well since they were pups.

Personally i think its a great thing to have dogs in the house with children, i grew up with them both springers at different times and loved the dogs fortunately I haven'tr had a bad experience with a dog i have known, however my dad and i have pulled two german shepherds off my mum at a campsite after they attacked her trying to go for my springer my mum was holding her up when she saw the dogs come for her. Not relevant but does highlight i havent got a blinkered view what a dog can do and how quickly there attitudes can change. If you have had a bad experience with an animal then i can fully understand being cautious and not feeling having them is worth the risk, however i like many feel the potential risk is one you accept to own and enjoy having a dog. Like everything with the correct supervision there should be no problems, the dogs will give my son massive amounts of pleasure and i look forward to seeing them all together in the future, i am sure my collie and son will be inseparable in a couple of years.

Edited by ferguson_tom

• 1 month later...

Just keep the dogs routine the same as its always been and they will have no reason to think the baby has taken anything away from them!

I have 2 GWP's and a cocker all 3 worship the ground out 11 month old crawls on! Is she cries they come to you as if to say they know something is wrong! And have many times been cuddled on sofa with the little one and the 3 dogs!

Still on the other hand they would not get left on there own with her but that's my choice! The first thing the little one sees and smiles at in the morning is the 3 dogs! She loves them!

I love the ones who give it "my dogs are fine with kids", or "my dogs are not aggresive"

If u have a baby in the house, take the dog and re-home it. Id rather have u cry over ur dog having a new home, than the risk of buying flowers every sunday morning.Simple.

So if I need to re home the dogs my little one sees on a regular basis that would mean her uncle needs to get rid of his 6 her grandad needs to get rid of his 3 and I need to get rid of my 3??

What a stupid thing to say! Some people really don't have a clue!

Are all the hands and feet still intact?

Seriously though looking like everything is going fine, like bigben my gwp dotes on nieces and nephews lovely for children to have pets about as so many are petrified of animals these days and for some reason these are the ones that usually end up getting bitten

So if I need to re home the dogs my little one sees on a regular basis that would mean her uncle needs to get rid of his 6 her grandad needs to get rid of his 3 and I need to get rid of my 3??

What a stupid thing to say! Some people really don't have a clue!

Why is it stupid? I think you should close the door as you leave.

Why is it stupid? I think you should close the door as you leave.

Th OP asked how best to introduce the dog and child and by the looks of the picture did a good job of it!

What he didn't ask was what to do with the dog now he has a child!

There is always one idiot to ruin a perfectly good post! MM!!!!

Th OP asked how best to introduce the dog and child and by the looks of the picture did a good job of it!

What he didn't ask was what to do with the dog now he has a child!

There is always one idiot to ruin a perfectly good post! MM!!!!

and u feel the need to call names?